Eaglecraft 31 Walkaround

That cabin could come forward 3 feet easy and still look good and create more deck space
I priced out a CC from Cope years ago, the location of the console was totally adjustable based of preference, and I suspect Eaglecraft is the same. @wdlfbio had correctly said that the ride is better toward the aft. I am sure that the owner had their reasons for the bigger space up front, while still having the walkaround design to fight fish.

You're right, I should say that the finish looks flawless and well appointed. I don't want to knock Eaglecraft. But they should fire that designer.
Seems every boat designer now is just trying to modernize everything and turn everything into a cyber truck. Simple is always best! There has to be a serious balance between function and form factor.

Nice,..................... but if i had unlimited funds still go with a Coastal Craftprofish.jpgA45I6531-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen this in both fishing boats and sailing boats.
Mainly new builds in the smaller range are for day use.
Lots of places to chill champagne, but not comfortable to stay more than one night on.
These brow windows are to make sure the skipper does not scratch the side of the superyacht they are tending up to.
I am all about visibility and keeping eyeballs outside the boat, but I do not know what I would be looking at through those windows.

If the gd Wallas stove/cooktop was reliable, the 24' Eaglecraft Talon really is the total package for rocking around the coast doing pretty well anything. Do I ever wish Dickenson would come up with a bomb proof drop in replacement for the finicky Wallas.

You get that a lot in the design community.
"It's very easy to be different, but very difficult to be better."
Maybe you’re familiar with the principle of Chesterton’s Fence:

I try to keep this in mind whenever I design or re-build something: There is a reason things are done a certain way, and you’d better make sure you understand exactly why that is before you go ahead and try to do things differently or change them.

I'm not, but that's pretty much a core value in anything I do. Very interesting
Same - I used to be much more of an arrogant prick than I am now, and burned myself enough times that I felt there was a lesson to be learned somewhere there 😜

better have a lot of spare rods on board and a good warranty that back deck cover is going to be a problem trying to set the hook
I’m getting quite a kick out of all these comments. Looking at the photos, the dreaded brow at the back does not appear to be wider than the cabin, and the cabin is designed to have plenty of walk around room on either side, which is an extension of the dance floor on these types of boats.

Cope and Bridgeview build a similar type of boat with a center cabin that you walk by with room to fish out of. Some lodges have had them built to use for their guests that they take out fishing. They do not seem to have a problem.

I’m getting quite a kick out of all these comments. Looking at the photos, the dreaded brow at the back does not appear to be wider than the cabin, and the cabin is designed to have plenty of walk around room on either side, which is an extension of the dance floor on these types of boats.

Cope and Bridgeview build a similar type of boat with a center cabin that you walk by with room to fish out of. Some lodges have had them built to use for their guests that they take out fishing. They do not seem to have a problem.
I get it you like center console boats nothing about that build screams fishing boat though sorry to say it.

I get it you like center console boats nothing about that build screams fishing boat though sorry to say it.
The fact that I like a center console is not the point though. The boat in question does work as a fishing boat, as mentioned some builders are putting them together for the fishing lodges that ask for them. So clearly the people that fish more than we do seem to manage with this type of design.

Agreed; my boat’s downriggers(and a lot of others I see on the water) are on or near the two stern corners along with the dedicated rod holders so I don’t think I’d have much of a problem grabbing the rod and setting the hook on this boat.

Anchoring for offshore bottom fishing would be easier and safer than with a closed bow as well (IMHO).

I’m chuckling too. It’s the typical, “this is different from what I’m used to or want, so it’s dumb or won’t work or will break rods, or…”. The great benefit of our aluminum builds and a custom builder is that the costumer. You know, the person paying for the boat and using the boat, gets the opportunity to customize the boat based on their specific needs. What you and I like or don’t like is 100% irrelevant. I bet this owner wants a stylish (in his/her mind), and comfortable boat for 2-3 folks most of the time. He has the cash to afford a pimped out 30’ boat without needing or wanting more folks on board to share in the day’s cost. So he and a buddy, kid, etc fish the 2-3 of them. Ample room in this rig.

My aft cabin overhang doesn’t extend like this, nor would I want it, but I see the benefit when it’s pissing rain out. I can say, I’ve yet to set the hook on anything when I’ve jerked the rod up and behind my head so far that it hits something behind me.

Just because any of us may not like something, doesn’t mean it’s not built well or built perfectly for the guy spending $450-$500k (USD) on it. I’m happy for the new owner and I’m happy that our aluminum builders can showcase the flexibility of aluminum builds compared to fiberglass.

To each there own.

Reading the Ops description pretty much made it sound like it's a new model or production build. Dont get your panties all in a rough

Reactions: JWS
it has a berth up front.

View attachment 101839
Ok so I have to admit, I saw this larger aluminum commercial tender this weekend at the fuel dock. He had the same windows. He said they're absolutely imperative to his day to day work. I get the design now. I retract all of my earlier statements if they are in fact functional like that. I'm sorry.

The guy actually did say that he thinks they'd be dumb on a fishing boat, though.

Back