DPF Delete

seahorse

Crew Member
Looks like I have no choice but to do a DPF delete on my 2007.5 Chev Silverado 3500 diesel as GM has decided to discontinue the exhaust gas differential pressure sensor pipe. I have replaced it a couple times since I bought the truck in 2011. It’s a $140 part but the DPF delete will cost me $2500 here in Courtenay. I can’t believe GM can just stop making parts for the older pickups. I have checked all Canada and even reached out to the Pacific NW in the US.

If you can’t get parts, then I guess you aren’t breaking the law by not having it. Sounds like a good deal. You can try to find a used tuner to save on cost. Lots of guys switch tuners and sell their old ones.

I gained 2-3 mpg when my dpf fell off. Rides much better. You’re going to enjoy it

Will be doing my 5.0 on my titian in the spring is there a good shop on the island or better to do it myself

The truck will be better off deleted anyway. I was pleasantly surprised when i popped the hood on my new 2021 Hilux diesel and saw it had no emissions equipment on it from the factory, just turbo and pipe to muffler. Was only 42,000 Canadian taxes in, which seems reasonable
hilux la colonia.jpg

If i was doing it now instead of buying a tuner id just go with the EFI live tune and just get a digital monitor for reading your vitals. Not sure what efi live costs for the gm but my cummins is about $600. Have you looked into buying the kit from bc diesel or bd diesel and doing it yourself?,evennif its not something you want to take on buying the parts yourself should save you some cash and just have shop install it.

Black Friday is just around the corner. My kit was $1300 on a Black Friday deal.

You will be happy with the delete. I would suggest shopping around though. I'm sure I didn't pay much over $1500 ( a few years ago though) at Supertech here in Nanaimo.

You will be happy with the delete. I would suggest shopping around though. I'm sure I didn't pay much over $1500 ( a few years ago though) at Supertech here in Nanaimo.
With your delete it was a full one or partial? What tuner did you go with

Full delete, I believe. New exhaust but no tuner. They installed a mild tow tune and it has served me well. I don't see a need to fiddle with tuning.
Sorry, I was out to lunch. Looked up what I paid and it was closer to $2500.

I deleted my 2013 Ram 3500 just over a year ago. I got tired of the DEF system issues at -30C temps in Northern Alberta. I paid roughly $1900.00 for what they called a fast 40 or something like that. I will look for the receipt on days off. It was supposed to add 40 more Hp and 40 ft/lbs of torque. They just flashed the chip and I don't have a tuner. It made a big difference on mileage which I thought was already pretty good and noticeable pedal response with less lag. The only thing extra I did was to install a FlowMaster Twister resonator ($189.00) and it removed the cab drone and might be quieter than stock. That being said it is louder at the end of the pipe with the Turbo whirl but that's not my problem....lol The resonator seems to be most effective on the 6.7 for some reason. It's important to install it as close to the down comer as possible for best results. The also gave me $300.00 for the stuff they removed off of the truck so that knocked done the cost a bit as well.

I did mine a bunch of years ago. I’ve got a 2009 duramax. Ordered everything through a diesel shop in Idaho. Exhaust was $500 and the efi live with 5 different tunes was somewhere around $900 and that’s with the efi live programming unit. Tuning was done by a well know diesel tuner aptly named Idaho Rob. That shop has now gone under due to the new regs down there. What I would recommend is to do efi live and not a piggy back tuner. The piggy back units tell the computer that everything is running ok and then tell the motor to do something different. They are just generic tuners. Having something that’s tuned to your truck is way better. You can always tell the guys running piggy back tuners as they are the ones puking out black smoke. Waste of fuel in my eyes.

Back