Double axle boat trailer work needed

Dragos

Good day ladies and gentlemen
I hope I can get some advice from you: my double axle boat trailer needs work done: hydraulic brakes redone, springs replaced , bunks replaced. The boat ( 24 ft Seaswirl Striper) is on the trailer
I would really appreciate if someone can recommend a place or person that can help me with this project
Thank you for your time
Tight lines !
Dragos

Attachments

• 3DF99907-00B1-43A9-B9DE-94211B309602.jpeg
    3DF99907-00B1-43A9-B9DE-94211B309602.jpeg
    423.1 KB · Views: 50
I hope I can get some advice from you: my double axle boat trailer needs work done: hydraulic brakes redone, springs replaced , bunks replaced. The boat ( 24 ft Seaswirl Striper) is on the trailer
I would really appreciate if someone can recommend a place or person that can help me with this project
Thank you for your time
Tight lines !
Dragos
Where are you located?

My apologies
I am located in New Westminster but I’m willing to travel if needed
I'm in Victoria - and I'm sure you can get good work done where you are.

I have had my brakes done twice by my auto mechanic [once electric and once disc] - the same guy rewired it at 18 years old. In between, Silver Streak converted it from electric to disc. Just recently Blackline Marine [in Sidney near the ferry terminal] replaced the bunks, re-carpeted them and installed new sliders [I never would have thought of them, but they were going to lift the boat to do bottom paint and fiberglass repair, and said they could do the work at the same time].

So, in summary - a car mechanic, a boat builder and a boat yard have all worked on my trailer. Highliner has been great with replacement parts when needed. Good luck.

I'm in Victoria - and I'm sure you can get good work done where you are.

I have had my brakes done twice by my auto mechanic [once electric and once disc] - the same guy rewired it at 18 years old. In between, Silver Streak converted it from electric to disc. Just recently Blackline Marine [in Sidney near the ferry terminal] replaced the bunks, re-carpeted them and installed new sliders [I never would have thought of them, but they were going to lift the boat to do bottom paint and fiberglass repair, and said they could do the work at the same time].

So, in summary - a car mechanic, a boat builder and a boat yard have all worked on my trailer. Highliner has been great with replacement parts when needed. Good luck.
Thanks a lot
That’s great info. I would LOVE to have the work done in just one place. Not sure if that’s possible ...

Thanks a lot
That’s great info. I would LOVE to have the work done in just one place. Not sure if that’s possible ...
A guy like my auto mechanic could do it all. Even easier if you are buying new bunks prefab rather than buying lumber and building new bunks. The other two might have done it all.

Why not call road runner, see if they can do it for ya
Great idea. Will do. I was just wondering if any of you guys had same kind of work done and could share your experience. I can obviously Google and find places ,I was looking more for some personal experience sharing. Great advice from you guys so far!
Regards
D

I recently replaced/updated the hydraulic disc brakes and one bunk on my Road Runner trailer, very easy to do. I will do my springs this year , they seem fairly easy to replace but will find out.

Thank you for your time
Tight lines !
Dragos
i've used Sealand trailers in Richmond with good work. 604-278-6442

Thank you for your time
Tight lines !
Dragos
We do it all here at Highliner Trailer but we are a busy shop and it can take up to 4 weeks to complete the work.

Back