Don't Bother Shopping at Army & Navy Downtown-Shelves are Empty

The clerk did say A&N were going to restock in the spring sometime and the first thing that pooped into my head was all the work of 'putting the store back up' weeks & weeks of monkeying around with pegs and tags what a PITA.

This is what they told me a year ago about when I went into the Langley one and never did, The gibbs croc selection never got reloaded and if it did they sold out before my trips to the store.

I haven't been back to the Langley one since and its a shame because their tackle prices were the best.

I just go out to berry's bait and tackle now and even tho their prices are more I don't mind supporting him as he shows up to our Local SFAC.

Fairly certain the New Westminster A&N store is not closing anytime soon. They had some flood repairs and renos early last spring and at the time, there was no talk of them closing for good - as was the rumor mill was churning about.

As for the Langley store, I was there a few weeks ago and although the selection was not as great as during the height of fall fishing season, there was still a lot to chose from.

The store has always had the Cordova entrance, the Hastings entrance should be closed soon. Creating a new look by closing off half the store.

Pretty sure the Cordova location has been around for years.
Yeah I was there today and spent a little time talking to the security guy-they're moving out of the Hastings St building entirely and everything will be in the Cordova St location-which reeked of paint today so they are serious about this-remember the underground passage between the stores well it's shut off entirely now.

Yeah I was there today and spent a little time talking to the security guy-they're moving out of the Hastings St building entirely and everything will be in the Cordova St location-which reeked of paint today so they are serious about this-remember the underground passage between the stores well it's shut off entirely now.

That underground tunnel was epic. Old school for sure. Like the old Eaton’s in Victoria. Last of a bye gone era. I’ll miss it.

Yep - “Newly Renovated” as it states in the ad....

There is a difference in "new" as you wrote in your first post above and "newly renovated" as the ad shows. That interpreted by us, that you were implying the Cordova store was in fact, a new store. Nonetheless, at least A&N as a company is not going anywhere, anytime soon - meaning not going out of business - which is good.

Back