Dogs and Water and Too Bad Such a Short Mix Together

Sharphooks

My Shetland sheepdog passed away on the kitchen floor tonight. Pretty amazing --- I walked her on a beach this morning, took her out in my raft on the water tonight, then all of a sudden, she was gone.

Not trying to get all weepy here, but thought I'd memorialize her with some pictures of her short, sweet life.

Man, she was a stunner!

Man oh Man, what a stunner she was!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of your loss Eric!! Always hurts to lose a good friend and companion like that!! At least she waited till you got home to say good-bye. Mike

Sorry to hear about your loss. Although it looks like you shared some great times together.

Sorry to hear.......Anyone that has ever had a dog knows your pain. They are never with us long enough.....

That sucks. Get another fast. It helps.

I have to agree sometimes moving on with another pup makes transition easier... Again I know what its like I had a situation a few years back and had no choice but too put dog down...Again very sorry for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear.......Anyone that has ever had a dog knows your pain. They are never with us long enough.....

Yes, this says it all for me.

Looked like a great fishing companion, Sharphooks

What an amazing life you gave her. Sorry she is gone, but she will never be forgotten I'm sure. Life is fragile and unpredictable for us all. Enjoy it while you have it.

Thanks for all your kind comments, Gents---very much appreciated.

Man, the house sure is quiet this morning...

Ya, I "inherited" that dog in a divorce a decade ago--the ex didn't want her because she barked too much. That dog kept my universe together after the divorce---when the sky was falling she ended up being the glue that kept things together. Sure got some good water time in with her---she was the only chick in my life who let me fish until dark without nagging that she wanted to go home....ha ha

But someone has a twisted sense of humor by giving creatures like that 12 - 15 years of life expectancy while we get 60 - 80... something wrong with that picture --- the pain seems to be built in to the equation the day you bring the puppy home:

Now I have the unenviable task of telling my two daughters that Amiga died last night

She looks like she was the happiest dog on earth, and she certainly was a stunner. Condolences.

petsympathy.jpg

I have a 12 yr old lab that is getting very shaky-- I dread the day that I know is coming... Sorry for your loss........

Sorry for your loss, we brought a cute cuddly little golden guy called Motley ( as in crew) into the home when the boys were young. He brought joy into the our travels from Alaska to Arizona, via water and land. Sadly he left us last year, but his memories carry on. Were now grand parents to a miniature Australian Shepard with way to much engery and brains. They pass but are never forgotten, wish your family well....

Back