Dog Life Jacket ...?

marbledmurrelet

Hi All,

We have a new family member, a Wire Hair Fox Terrier. Her breed is not known for their strong swimming ability, and they can be pretty spontaneous when it comes to jumping around... not the ideal combo for a soon to be saltwater dog.

Does anyone have experience with different brands of LifeJacket for dogs? I see them at Pet Smart, but I wondering if there is a better place to buy one. The brand they have is "Top Dog".

I have done a google search, but thought any first hand advice could offer more valuable intel on the subject.

Thanks in advance!

MM

We had a wire hair terrier and she would jump out of the boat and worse would jump into fast moving streams. She was carried down stream almost a half mile before we could save her. Life jacket is a must with these wonderful but crazy dogs

We have one dog fixated on going after dragon flies while trolling. After several dramatic rescues in Thompson/Okanagan area lakes, we bought one from Cabelas. Fits goods and works as advertised.

I have a Jack Russel Terrier/Terrorist. He is 14 now and just starting to calm down. He has had the same life jacket since he was a year old and it is great. It's come in handy a couple times. He likes to jump out of canoes and chase geese. Made by "Outward Hound".

Back