Discovery Bay Pot Hauler

I'll be the first to say something negative about the puller. It's too large. If we go out drop three traps. Then go fish for a while, our puller is put away. We set it up for retrieval. Keeping the deck clutter free. So for the guy like me that never prawns without fishing the large puller style is cumbersome. I sure everything else about it is better.

No comparison from what I've heard from a fella that has used one in Washington for a few years now. I've had two aces. Sold them both. Last puller I bought was the Scotty and I actually prefer it over the Aces I've had but that's just preference for a couple reasons.
Out of curiosity, why did you prefer the Scott over the Ace?

Out of curiosity, why did you prefer the Scott over the Ace?
I like the smooth contours of the Scotty with no sharp edges, no steel exposed parts cause I take my puller off and on and store it in the cabin when not in use. I find the Scotty much less cumbersome than the Ace as well. Scotty has lot's of pulling power too as long as you wire it up with a good heavy fuse.

Anyone own one of these? If so how do you like it? Does it haul the 120'/minute like the website says it does?
Not sure if they are still open for business during this virus pandemic but if they are I'm thinking I'm going to bite the bullet and get one. Been wanting to upgrade for some time now.

https://www.discoverybaymarinegear.com/cgi-bin/quikstore.pl?category=powerhauler

View attachment 51898
Love mine , no joke , workhorse for sure , yes self coiler....pull a truck off the bottom if needed...

I'll be the first to say something negative about the puller. It's too large. If we go out drop three traps. Then go fish for a while, our puller is put away. We set it up for retrieval. Keeping the deck clutter free. So for the guy like me that never prawns without fishing the large puller style is cumbersome. I sure everything else about it is better.

I mounted mine far up the gunnel closer to the cabin. When not in use I was able to spin it towards the bow and not remove it from its mount. Out of the way and ready for a full pot.

Has anyone tried the proline thin line haulers ?

Back