Dirt bike transport?

bigdogg1

Have been riding dirt bikes for awhile now. May go the dual sport route because of the loading / unloading need.
Right now, I have a long box with a 6’ trifold ramp. It’s too short or I am too weak. One of our bikes is 300+ and cannot always find a hill to back to.

I find single ramps too sketchy and I am not brave enough to ride up either. Princes site sells a relatively cheap hitch carrier but that only takes one bike per se. Don’t really want a trailer as I have more than enough stuff to manage already.
So, that brings me back to a ramp system. What are you using and find both safe and efficient?

I feel your pain and concern.

My bikes are way too heavy to do the ramp to pickup bed transition. I have seen bikes fall off and it is never pretty. No one has been hurt (yet) on any of the falling bike incidents I have witnessed

I ride heavier bikes that are more dual sportfish and I pushed up a few ramps(rode up a few times (butt clenching experience) and then visualized the eventual outcome and decided either I ride it to where I am going or not go. I don't do single track .

I saw one of the hitch racks at a track day.

A Ducati 999R was on the back Range Rover's hitch. It bounced up and down a bit

We were going to buy a Kendon and tow it but passed

There are lots of these types of trailers out there

Nice looking trailers. Going to hit our local aluminum builder to see if they could dab something together. Likely more than off the shelf but nothing available online or local that looks good.

Back