Diesel "polishing" Lower Mainland

k_im

Gentlemen,

I'm finally having my injector pump overhauled (NW Fuel Injection Service $3900)

I'd like to do some preventive maintenance on my fuel system to avoid this kind of catastrophe in the future. Have any members used a fuel conditioning service to clean up their tanks? Suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for the info.

It's a Volvo KAD44-B. My suspicion is dirty fuel and/or water in the fuel. The fuel in the Racor bowl was filled with debris and the on engine fuel filter had rust on the inside.

One of the hazards of buying a used boat, far from home.

Boy that is an expensive repair for such a small part. I have the Volvo AD41P which is the previous generation of the KAD44.
I clean my bowl at every start up. Catch some stuff and a bit of water but not a lot. My tanks are stainless so as long as I am putting clean fuel in should be ok.
I have often wondered about using a funnel with a screen when I fill up.
Great engines though.

I have the same KAD44 and my mechanic suggests very clean fuel and air-I put a raycor 10 micron and a 2 micron ahead of the engine fuel filter and a reg change for the air cleaner. Crankcase breather should be either outside engine room or canister breather.

Boy that is an expensive repair for such a small part. I have the Volvo AD41P which is the previous generation of the KAD44.
I clean my bowl at every start up. Catch some stuff and a bit of water but not a lot. My tanks are stainless so as long as I am putting clean fuel in should be ok.
I have often wondered about using a funnel with a screen when I fill up.
Great engines though.

I was about $500 from exchange price.

I'm planning to upgrade filtration for sure

I used these guys to clean out both tanks on my Grady White, they had great service and a guarantee that if its not totally clean they'll come back and do it again.
The main tank still had sediment in it, I called, and a couple days later they did the job over again, i was really impressed.
They are mobile.

Petro Clear Filtration & Services Inc.

604-314-3448

Back