Diesel Air Heaters

This is the rumour that has been proven false. These dosing pumps run fine with any liquid, even water, running through them. I've been running K1 for years without a problem.
You can drive around with under inflated tires for a long time too, but that doesn’t prove that improper tire pressure causing premature wear is a false rumour.

Lack of proper lubrication will wear that pump out prematurely, there is no doubt about that.

You can drive around with under inflated tires for a long time too, but that doesn’t prove that improper tire pressure causing premature wear is a false rumour.

Lack of proper lubrication will wear that pump out prematurely, there is no doubt about that.

Ok

So you wore out a fuel pump with k1?

k2 kerosene has alot more sulphur which acts as a lubricate. if the pump is of a rubber diaphragm type its not an issue , if the pump type is a metal to metal piston type you may ware pump out a little quicker due to lack of lub. The pump is easy to replace vs the smell and sooting of unit which is alot more costly. Service alot of these , its really not an issue

Anyone running this style of heater with mulitple outlets??

Would be nice to be able to put some heat in the cuddy, on the dash and the helm area. Not sure how much i want to drills holes for hoses...but tossing ideas around.
I am bench testing mine today prior to committing to the install. So far so good, unit moves a lot of air . The diffuser temp is 155 deg F and the exhaust vent temp is over 400 deg F thus the special attention to wrapping the exhaust vent as others have mentioned. Installing this in a couple of weeks.F1BD26A5-F7F3-4FD4-9155-41DFFC015B65.jpeg313EAFC6-5BFF-4C24-82B4-C4E1F8E05F4F.jpeg

Going to toss my 14 year old espar and get two happy buy heaters. Should be interesting to see haw it goes in and what fits and what doesn’t. Wonder if I can run the espar fuel pump on it?

Going to toss my 14 year old espar and get two happy buy heaters. Should be interesting to see haw it goes in and what fits and what doesn’t. Wonder if I can run the espar fuel pump on it?
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if I can just swap them out. My espar is probably on its way out. Like everything else on my boat.
Wasn't 1992 like 10 years ago?!

Thing is realizing this now my new heater will the same size but 8 kw. My espar d4 was 4 kw. Is that even posable?

There are huge Facebook groups for these heaters. I just joined a couple. Lol

I dont think its a good idea to use the old espar fuel pump. These things are extremely accurate with air fuel mixture and even come with altitude tables to adjust the mixture. Im going with no.

Interesting in the wallas you can burn Jet A, I love the smell of Jet B, reminds me of the days firefighting and diamond drilling. The smell of money, someone else’s money burning! https://www.scanmarineusa.com/wp-content/uploads/Fuel-comments-December-20121.pdf

Keep us posted on your installs and the suppliers of good accessories to swap things out.
The most difficult part of my Chinese heater installation was routing the ductwork. I have a vent in the cabin, one at the windshield, one at the helm and one near the cockpit. The balance of the installation was very straightforward. My exhaust tube is under 3 feet long, directly out. Accessories are all interchangeable with Wallis, Eberspacher, Planar, Webasto, etc. The heaters are designed for diesel but will, of course, burn kerosene, furnace oil, stove oil or anything similar.

Thing is realizing this now my new heater will the same size but 8 kw. My espar d4 was 4 kw. Is that even posable?
The 8 kw. is likely exaggerated. The usual maximum output is about 5 regardless of the literature.

All of these chinese heaters are essentially the same 5kw (4.8 to be exact) unit. The 2kw, 5kw and 8kw are usually the same. The 2kw does actually exist but is extremely rare, most 2kw are just relabeled 5kw, and there is no such thing as an 8kw as these are definitely just relabeled 5kw units. If you are replacing a 4kw espar, you won't need 2 of them unless you mean 1 for spare parts.

All of these chinese heaters are essentially the same 5kw (4.8 to be exact) unit. The 2kw, 5kw and 8kw are usually the same. The 2kw does actually exist but is extremely rare, most 2kw are just relabeled 5kw, and there is no such thing as an 8kw as these are definitely just relabeled 5kw units. If you are replacing a 4kw espar, you won't need 2 of them unless you mean 1 for spare parts.
Agreed there's 2's and 5's and no 8's to the best of my knowledge. 2kw have the intake and exhaust ports centered, the 5kw are offset to one end and the overall size is bigger.

4ab75e_22ec83366e5d4ae18cf9bb9262aa9454~mv2.webp

Go with vevor, better pricing on their .ca website

I got the link for the unit our builder uses

He replaces the Diesel tank with a better one, as well as a few fittings

It took me a bit of searching to find brand name batteries for the remote

At the price it makes sense to buy a spare units for parts

We are getting the Chinese version on our build.

Our builder bought both the Chinese and German versions, disassembled both systems and discovered both heaters used identical parts.
Can guarantee you the German one is not a copy of the other. I would pay extra for a Made in Germany one but that’s just how I roll.

Back