Diesel Air Heaters

I prefer the one with the simple manual dial on/off. Just like the one @sasqman posted up. I find the fancy OLED screen type to be confusing and a pain in the butt
If you have an open cabin I found that style seems to work on temperature so the unit takes feedback from the probe in the controller, the led version can do both so your able to adjust manually it seems. Simple controller in my case meant the unit was either on low or high with no in between so I switched to the led. Would agree that it’s a lot of flash and confusion and I kept the basic one as a spare. You will get a better price ordering directly through vevor they have a website and distribution based in Richmond.

If you have an open cabin I found that style seems to work on temperature so the unit takes feedback from the probe in the controller, the led version can do both so your able to adjust manually it seems. Simple controller in my case meant the unit was either on low or high with no in between so I switched to the led. Would agree that it’s a lot of flash and confusion and I kept the basic one as a spare. You will get a better price ordering directly through vevor they have a website and distribution based in Richmond.

I did not know that. Good to know

Anyone running this style of heater with mulitple outlets??

Would be nice to be able to put some heat in the cuddy, on the dash and the helm area. Not sure how much i want to drills holes for hoses...but tossing ideas around.

I have the wallas 22GB for 3 seasons now and it’s been flawless. Started out running diesel the first season then switched it up to kerosene. If I knew at the time the Chinese ones were good and reliable I would have bought one. The wallas price tag is huge compared. It’s a no brainer imo buy the Chinese one

Last edited:
Are the marine exhaust systems 24mm with a water drain ?
Mine is 24 mm with about 2 feet to the thru-hull. Slight downward slope. No drain needed. I bought an Eberspacher thru-hull because I liked the design.

We are getting the Chinese version on our build.

Our builder bought both the Chinese and German versions, disassembled both systems and discovered both heaters used identical parts.
Can you find out which one? Be nice to pay $400-500 for a rock solid one that runs on kerosene with all the parts that are qualitu and doesn’t have to be worked on.

Can you find out which one? Be nice to pay $400-500 for a rock solid one that runs on kerosene with all the parts that are qualitu and doesn’t have to be worked on.

Any diesel heater can run on kerosene. There was a rumour that the Chinese ones fuel pump can't handle it, but has been shown to be false. I've always put kero in mine (Chinese in my new boat, webasto in my old). Makes a bit less heat but less smell in case you spill some filling the tank and less smoke/fumes on startup and shutdown.

I have a VEVOR one, but I'm pretty sure they all come from the same factory in China. For a boat install you'll have to spend around an extra $200 for a good thru hull exhaust fitting, extra wiring, longer exhaust, heat wrap for the exhaust etc.

Any diesel heater can run on kerosene. There was a rumour that the Chinese ones fuel pump can't handle it, but has been shown to be false. I've always put kero in mine (Chinese in my new boat, webasto in my old). Makes a bit less heat but less smell in case you spill some filling the tank and less smoke/fumes on startup and shutdown.

I have a VEVOR one, but I'm pretty sure they all come from the same factory in China. For a boat install you'll have to spend around an extra $200 for a good thru hull exhaust fitting, extra wiring, longer exhaust, heat wrap for the exhaust etc.
Thanks when I search on Amazon couldn’t see the kerosene. When we are out at 0 degrees my wallas doesn’t keep up and planning winter camping with the canvas back up to double our living space.

If you run kerosene instead of diesel, you need to use K-2 grade kerosene which has better lubricating properties than K-1 (the grade you find at Canadian Tire in the camping section). Otherwise your fuel pump will wear out prematurely, it has no other source of lubrication than the fuel running through it.

You can also blend diesel and K-1 kerosene to achieve lubrication requirements amd maintain a cleaner burn.

Question for all you heating experts. How many vents could you potentially use with the Chinese heaters? I am hoping to run 2 Y's so I can have heat to both sides of my windshield and into the cuddy. Will the fan push enough air to reach all the vents? The run will only be like 6 feet.

Question for all you heating experts. How many vents could you potentially use with the Chinese heaters? I am hoping to run 2 Y's so I can have heat to both sides of my windshield and into the cuddy. Will the fan push enough air to reach all the vents? The run will only be like 6 feet.
I wonder how this would work? Has 4 outlets, they also have 2 outlet models. I brought it up earlier in the thread and nobody had any input.
https://vevor.ca/collections/air-co...8kw-8000w-fit-motor-homes-boats-bus-car-truck

If you run kerosene instead of diesel, you need to use K-2 grade kerosene which has better lubricating properties than K-1 (the grade you find at Canadian Tire in the camping section). Otherwise your fuel pump will wear out prematurely, it has no other source of lubrication than the fuel running through it.

You can also blend diesel and K-1 kerosene to achieve lubrication requirements amd maintain a cleaner burn.

This is the rumour that has been proven false. These dosing pumps run fine with any liquid, even water, running through them. I've been running K1 for years without a problem.

I have a planar 44D. Vented in the cuddy, the bathroom and on the dash, it has been great. I had a vent run fabbed up that sits on the dash. I get zero condensation, and unless it’s pouring my windshield stays clear. It also heats the helm area well.

Attachments

• 307B070D-C8C4-48FC-97A4-8318013139B3.jpeg
    307B070D-C8C4-48FC-97A4-8318013139B3.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 61
It depends on the length of the runs. I have found that the single outlet is like a blast furnace even on the low settings , i like using one Y. I have installed 3 of the chinese heaters on my big sailboat and they have worked flawlessly for 3 years. Just working on a install for the power boat now for winter fishing.

Back