Deckhand Job

22/hr= poverty.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

$22/h=wealth if you're a deck hand. I fished for years, and I think my average is closer to $0.22/h. But I loved it... most of the time.

This wouldn't be a fishing deckhand, it would be on a rescue or emergency response call out. Unless you're making more than that sitting around on UI, might be good for someone for a few months work before the summer season??

Hey Kelly,Your attending UBC? I'm working out there now operating crane on some new eco friendly builing right in the middle of campus.
My site is right next to some horticulture center.It's a giant grow room.

quote:Originally posted by River6ix

Hey Kelly,Your attending UBC? I'm working out there now operating crane on some new eco friendly builing right in the middle of campus.
My site is right next to some horticulture center.It's a giant grow room.

right outside my window!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

22/hr= poverty.

Maybe if you have a mortgage,wife and 5 kids.Someone young, limited experience and living with mommsie you would be living the high life :D

Riversix i know the place.Could likely make alot more than 22$/hr with it haha.

They canceled work fortomorrow because they thought it was gonna snow but all I'm getting out in east Van is rain now.Ah well,guess I'll sleep in.Damn ,shoulda brought my fishing gear over with me. Next time!!!

22 an hr. is a huge wage in these parts. most wages are pathetic and unlivable, i don't know how people survive.

You guys are right, sometimes I post stuff out of my asss. For a single young guy, it would be an awsome job. Its so hard to make ends meet, I have 4 kids and a wife and we have only my income, so for me Id lose my shirt if I had to work for 22/hr.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

If all goes to plan ill retire at 30 and marry an attractive 26 foot seasport. Our honeymoon will be big bank and she will support my fishing needs wholeheartedly till death due us part...

quote:Originally posted by kelly

If all goes to plan ill retire at 30 and marry an attractive 26 foot seasport. Our honeymoon will be big bank and she will support my fishing needs wholeheartedly till death due us part...
I like your thought and plans! :D

Back