Dear Fortis / BCHydro

Lipripper

And of course the people funded by the taxpayers... Livesmart BC.

Thank you for the wonderful door hanger you left....

IMG_3324.jpg

I am still trying to figure out how you talked to future You/Me. I am going to call Fortis tomorrow and inquire about switching my house to natural gas.... just for the hell of it. Change is good right? My free wood and woodstove work great but life would be boring if I didn't dump a tonne of dough into switching up.

P.S. It's $30 wrinkle cream and I think it does a good job. Also it makes me feel good about myself.

Sincerely,

Cash-Finger.jpg

Lippy, if only Harper didn`t pull the plug on the Federal program ahead of schedule you`d have more incentives for your dedication to energy upgrades. They used less than half of the promised budget. Maybe the Conservatives don`t actually want to see domestic energy reductions. Here`s to f"cking things up for future generations! arrggggghhhhh

Great post Lippy. I have heard and read some horror stories for sure. What I find weird is how some folks are getting hammered with double or more on their bills yet folks like myself have stayed the same :p.

We had the lovely new smart meter intalled a month and a half ago, no change on our first bill......so far things seem to be the same. Will wait with baited breath for our next one.

No gas up our way, so wood and smoke is the way to go.

Cheers

SS

Did you put in a Smart Meter John?
Yeah me / they lol put one in a while ago. I keep asking the wife and she says it's been about the same. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. They are about to put one in at the shop and that one has me really worried. We already have sky high hydro bills because of all the welding we do. I think I'll go buy some vaseline now and get ready for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
just got back from doing a structural assessment of an abandoned house in Alberni for the bank...the place has been empty for 2 years and is rotting to the point of partial collapse...there's a brand new smart meter installed in one of the rotten exterior walls. the bank rep that met me on site said it was just installed a couple months ago...what a f'n waste!

here's the house...
6-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say it -I don't see what the fuss is about-you've had a smart gas meter for ages. If your electric bill shoots up and there is nothing you have changed -complain they'll come out. You want to go back to the dark ages -give up your smart phone and the internet . Hell they're wireless Too!!!

Back