deadliest catch???what about fallers????

S

shake a paw

just watchin discovery channel.....sure they say its the most deadliest job,but its only 2 months of the year tops....good 2 c there showing the public how dangerous this job really is.......

but what about the so called second dealiest job FALLING this job is 11 months of the year.....why dont they have another faller out filming what we go thru in a 6.5 hr day....then maybe someone would think those guys arent making enough....or working in exteme terrain 4 pretty much minimum wage.....or why would these companys b chasin timber where no man should go....not 2 mention all those fisherman r backed by a union...what do we get .........!@#$ all.....

man when we get a union started....watch out we will have the industry by the balls...

i guess what i'm saying is....maybe that is what fallers need....a little discovery exposure....

Just what B.C. needs more Unions !!!!

Hey man i hear ya,I am a driller/blaster.I run a tank drill and build logging roads for a living,I consider you fallers 'Nuts'.Its a hell of a job but somebodies gotta do it.:DGood luck and be careful out there man.
Brad

thanx 4 the feed back guys....happy 2 hear that theres other guys in other phases of logging agree theres a problem here.....and i'm not just talkin about fallers,but loggers as well i hooked on grapple yarders and towers 4 bout 10 years b4 i went falling.....i said it then and i will say it now from chokermen 2 hooktender 2 operators....their all gettin ripped off....the really sad thing bout it is ..the loggers have a union...and us independant contracters r stuck paying dues if we want 2 cut union wood{keep in mind the union is 2 back the worker}but what has the steelworkers done 4 fallers?...!@#$all.and lets not forget about the loggers...what did the union do 4 them last summer?....u got it......!@#$all....

{just my opinion}we need 2 put that money somewhere else....somewhere we can all benefit....and with some cameras around it might get things rollin....

not 2 mention these guys in the mills arent makin things any better....time 2 get rid of them and put in another sector....thats not loggin....

now i need 2 go fishin:D....all worked up again:(

our prayers go out to that family. There is nothing worse than hearing that a fellow faller has died and has not made it out of the woods to his wife and kids. As a Gold River Faller myself, still not back due to snow. My mind is racing. Time to get on the phone. Gotta go :(

I heard the name Frank Sinclair on the news as the faller who just died.
I'm wondering if that is Bunty Sinclair's son or another Sinclair?
Anyone know?

Regardless, condolences to family and friends.
I've seen a few fallers die at work too.

Take care.

My family and myself have taken a moment of silence to acknowledge the life of Frank Sinclair...
in a falling comunity you do not need to know a faller personally to know of the fears that our families face day to day...and how fast some of our lives can change in the drop of a branch. It is an errie feeling to have posted such topic, and have it thorwn in my face...so to speak.
I thank my fellow senior fallers at Lemare Lake for showing a day of respect yesterday to our fellow faller....

Every morning you go out and you are putting your gear on....your hoping.... your next lean takes you home...

Rest In Peace
Our Fellow.... Fishing and ....Falling Partner

Frank Sinclair,

May your family be blessed with the tools to survive without you in their every day to day life.

Fellow Faller,
Skoot/ on the saw
Shakes/ on the river

My condolences to the family.:(Some changes have to be made in the industry thats for sure.
GOLD RIVER - Vehicles clog the street on Wednesday in front of Frank Sinclair’s home on Gold River’s Nimpkish Drive. The shades are drawn, and there is constant traffic in and out, as the community rallies behind the family of the 50-year old tree faller killed Tuesday morning.

Sinclair was working about 30 kilometres west of Gold River in Gabriola Bay, when the top of a tree he was falling broke off and struck him in the head. Gold River RCMP are calling it a freak accident, and say Sinclair was killed instantly.

Sinclair’s death is the 2nd forestry fatality of the year on Vancouver Island. It comes less than a month after a faller died near Sayward. Sinclair had been working for Western Forest Products for the past 14 years. They are investigating the accident as well as WorkSafe BC.

Frank Sinclair had been logging his entire adult life, and leaves behind his wife of 30 years and two children. Talk on the streets of his longtime home is overwhelmingly positive. Says one resident, “Franky was just one of those all around good guys. He was a good father, a good friend, and a hard worker. He was very respected in the community.”

The Sinclair family is extending their thanks to the community for the support they’ve received in the form of food, flowers, and companionship. They’ll be celebrating Frank’s life on February 23rd at the Gold River Civic Centre.

quote:Originally posted by holmes

yes it is norms father
Terrible, terrible news:( I didn't know Frank, but Norm was my room mate for a while. Great guy. I'll have to get ahold of him.

Been offline for two days visiting family.
Thanks for the info.

Damn!!

I was afraid it was the Frankie I knew as a kid and teenage goaltender in the local hockey games way back when. Major bummer.

I knew Bunty, Frank's Dad, when I was the Warehouseman at the logging division in Gold River from 1969 to 1973.
Watched Frankie grow up.

Sad day indeed.

Take care

quote:Originally posted by Dave H

Anyone know?

Take care.

quote:Originally posted by Dave H

Anyone know?

Take care.

I grew up with Frankie,what a terrible feeling when I heard of his tragic death,a great guy all the way.I never heard a bad thing ever said about Frank.We will all miss him

I saw him on tv in an interview about logging,not that long ago.He looked and talked very professional.He will be missed.

Not to take away from what this thread has become and the fate that befell Frank Sinclair, nor the feelings you may be having,

but this came across my desk today.
Thought you might be interested.
TV Program on the American History Channel, so perhaps it will make an apearance here on History or Discovery channels.
"Ax Men", seems to centre on a logging crew in Oregon.

http://www.history.com/minisites/axmen

Take care out there.

thanx 4 the heads up time!i'll b lookin out 4 that....4 sure
i didnt know frank.nor the sinclair family....but what an awsome performance of support from the community of gold rvr,and surrounding friends and family........
my family and i..........our hearts go out 2 his partner and family as well..........

gld rvr faller

shakes

All fallers work these days is two months of the year! I hear we will work 12 months when we are the United States of Canada!

Sorry to hear anther faller is gone. I didnt read down the posts far enough to see. Sorry.

Back