David Suzuki goes Chinook salmon fishing despite calls for a complete ban by DSF!

You know I think having the CEO of the foundation on that photo looks worse than David Suzuki being there..
You would think the media would ensure donors knew where their money ended up.

I herd from a guid in port hardy that used to guide up there before he was in Port hardy that David Suzuki was a kill everything person.

Last edited:
Pretty weak I'd say.

it was okay, they like the minister again danced around the issues of FN gillnets that were out during the early fraser chinook migration. The dumpster diver education was a bit funny. They said fraser chinook are not in that area and that is a lie after all the whole reason why area F troll was restricted to august 20 is because fraser chinook are in that area.

I found the quote about him saying how fishing lodges are not restricted a bit funny.

interesting

That NW report today with Jay Suzukis Spin Doctor was actually funny. How hypocritical. What a bunch of Liars.
Poor Dave he loves fishing for Chinook but targetted Coho. Complete Bafoonery at its finest.
Way to go DSFoundation. Youve shown your true colours.
The clients fished through the dumpster for trimmingsand heads more than fishing for Chinook.......absolutely LAUGHABLE.

good on you Cohochinook bringing this on the forfront.

Take a look at Big Daves carbon footprint........what a complete Farce. HYPOCRITE!
Shame on you and your freeloaders.

Absoluely LAUGHABLE.

you may be fooling some but far from all.

Id4

Lots of business doing as much as they can to reduce their carbon footprint. Does it make sence to go thousands of KM to harvest the same fish that a few moths later you could walk down the street to harvest

it was okay, they like the minister again danced around the issues of FN gillnets that were out during the early fraser chinook migration. The dumpster diver education was a bit funny. They said fraser chinook are not in that area and that is a lie after all the whole reason why area F troll was restricted to august 20 is because fraser chinook are in that area.

I found the quote about him saying how fishing lodges are not restricted a bit funny.

interesting
Area F and SE Alaska troll have been delayed in recent years till July 9th or so to protect stocks of Fraser Chinook stocks of concern. Suzuki and CEO Cornish were there July 1 to 4.

Also it was confirmed from people who were at the Outpost Fishing Lodge that Suzuki did hook Chinook, but release them. It's so hypocritical and I think that message got out there thanks to CKNW and Jill Bennett show picking up the story!

Area F and SE Alaska troll have been delayed in recent years till July 9th or so to protect stocks of Fraser Chinook stocks of concern. Suzuki and CEO Cornish were there July 1 to 4.

Also it was confirmed from people who were at the Outpost Fishing Lodge that Suzuki did hook Chinook, but release them. It's so hypocritical and I think that message got out there thanks to CKNW and Jill Bennett show picking up the story!

The director on the show was sent in there to do damage control. He went into long winded speech to perceive the recreational fisherman do not care about conservation ( that was the everyone doing there part comment), the fishery is or wasteful with the resource ( the comment about throwing salmon in garbage at lodge), and the Haida Gwaii doesn't have Fraser Chinook ( which is bold lie , and if people don't believe it look at DNA).

Either way they should not have been there, and I think the message was heard loud and clear that we won't put up with. Also like the comment we are not against salmon fishing, and we applaud DFO management measures even though we thought they were not stringent enough.

If that is the view that they aren't against salmon fishing what is with the article? "Don't Hook a Chinook".

Back