Davey Derby News

willy

The 10th annual Davey Derby will be held at the Port Renfrew Marina on the B.C. Day long weekend of July 30th to August 1rst.
For all the details of our event along with information of where the dollars raised went to (families in need, charities,and salmon enhancement) please visit our site at http://www.daveyderby.ca

Thanks
Audie

This is a great derby very well organized and with this years dates the fishing will be unreal!!

Lets get some of you sooke highliners up here and see what your made of.lol.

I assume a campsite/ rv site would be tough to get?

rockcreekandsturgeon062.jpg

I just talked to Knute at the Port Renfrew Marina and he told me that they have cleared out even more room for camping during the last few months.
Like Trevor said, they have always managed to fit everyone in...I cannot recall anyone ever being turned away.
That being said, I will be in contact with the First Nations' and any other campgrounds to check out availability. I will post results later.
As to the Sooke Salmon Enhancement Derby, unfortunately we are scheduled on the same weekend.
Our Derby at P.R. is planned according to the tides (getting in and out of the marina).
I have already phoned the S.S.E. derby chairman and apologized for scheduling our derby on the same date as theirs. We had a nice conversation and wished each derby success.
Thanks
Audie

Back