Cuddy rod storage

Rayvon

Has anybody come up with a creative solution to storing rods on cuddy deckhead (hanging)? I keep at least 6 rods on board,3 halibut and at least 3 salmon and would like to get them off the fwd. bunks.The only ones I've seen strong enough are the "tacos" and their pricey to hang that many rods.Any homemade solutions?

Last edited:
20160925_095417.jpg 20160925_095451.jpg 20160925_095439.jpg

Not homemade
Here is what I've done..keeps them up and out of the way..
Found mounts on ebay

Can't figure out how to rotate pics

Last edited:
I've been looking for a solution as well. There are numerous styles of holders that might work on eBay. Depends on mounting ability in the cuddy.

Thanks for the pictures.I should be able to come up with something over the winter, starboard, velcro, bungee for materials.

If you guys want custom ones let me know. I can draw up pretty much anything and fabricate it. We have access to waterjet and other equipment. I am on Vancouver island.

Those are the ones,I haven't seen any better,but I'd have to buy 2 and any time I've bought online I'm shocked by the added shipping,border fee's etc..Last time I ordered some scupper plugs from Amazon advertised as stainless steel they were not.PITA

I've got 2 sets on the ceiling of my boat and I really like them. get alot of comments on how nice they are. I had them shipped to Sumas (free shipping) and picked them up myself to save a few bucks but yes they're still pretty pricey. (dollar was at par at the time)
have to think of it as an investment in the boat and maybe help with resale value I guess...

Back