Crew Members - Ad Fix

I've just disabled all ads. I've tested on my phone and on my desktop in Chrome and Safari and I no longer see them. Checked also on my Crew acct and they're not showing there either. I'm also in the process of clearing all user, forum and thread caches; this should be completed in about 5 minutes.

Please let me know if you still see them.

Thanks.

Okay, all caches cleared. If you still see the ads, refresh the website on your phones and / or your computers and they will disappear.

If you're still seeing ads I'm wondering if you have the "View ads" option selected in your Preferences. Below a screenshot. If you haven't been seeing ads up until now, then I doubt this option is set incorrectly, but just in case ....

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 6.43.52 AM.png

If this is set correctly, it's a caching issue (browser holding onto old content). Try going through the process of clearing your browser's cache that I describe in the opening message in this thread. Keep cookies but just clear your browsing history. Then do a refresh a couple of times. On your phones, refreshing the page is done by dragging the page down ...

sfbc-phone-refresh.jpeg

If you still see ads after this, then restart your phone or computer.

One thing I started doing a few months ago is restarting my phone every day. Phones are notorious for having background processes running that slow everything down, including browsing. This has really helped speed things up and has made keeping my old iPhone going a bit more bearable.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Back