Cowichan River

Nice to see a few fish in the river. I walked the trail above Holt Creek. Water a nice colour but a bit high for fly gear. Should have brought the gear. Fished the few runs I could. How things have changed. So much fine sediment filling once gravelled area's. Three boats and a couple other shore anglers had caught nothing. A Harbour seal that went cruising downstream also seemed disappointed. Nice to see some blue sky.

Not a report, but will be back out there soon! I did fish last weekend, tough conditions on the fly picked off a few small rainbows/browns what I’m really exited about is trying these new trophy Center pin reels I picked up at the boat show met a few guys from the design team appear to be really good quality comparable to the islanders I took the chance on them and picked up 2 will report back asap.

Attachments

• 717FA77F-7A3A-4C16-9AC2-9979D916FB14.jpeg
    717FA77F-7A3A-4C16-9AC2-9979D916FB14.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 27
Not a report, but will be back out there soon! I did fish last weekend, tough conditions on the fly picked off a few small rainbows/browns what I’m really exited about is trying these new trophy Center pin reels I picked up at the boat show met a few guys from the design team appear to be really good quality comparable to the islanders I took the chance on them and picked up 2 will report back asap.
is that bushing or bearing?

Back