Cowichan lake 2021

Fishin

Anyone been out on cowichan lake recently? Saw a few boats pulling up the ramp a few weeks back, thinking about dragging the boat up there tomorrow with the gf for a boat ride maybe some fishing, cheers fellas.

Was knocking a few down in late December good size cuttys to. Was out today had one good hit but didn’t stick slow day but flat calm headed back tomorrow for more punishment

Was knocking a few down in late December good size cuttys to. Was out today had one good hit but didn’t stick slow day but flat calm headed back tomorrow for more punishment
Good luck buddy, I’ll be out there tomorrow as well, what have you been using, was thinking of trolling plugs around creek mouths

Good luck buddy, I’ll be out there tomorrow as well, what have you been using, was thinking of trolling plugs around creek mouths
Ya plugs (tomics) were doing majority of the damage 4” skunk ,3” mother of pearl also had some luck with 2” chrome j-plug, but yesterday the hit was on a coyote spoon 3.5” Seattle Seahawks colours, may try a few different things today see if we can’t get into some fish, maybe vary the depth instead of running shallow. Cheers bud good luck to you

Hi Guys, Heading up to Lake Cowichan on Saturday to troll with the Kayak. First time on the lake. Was thinking of launching out of Beak lake and going along the Honeymoon bay shore line? Any suggestions for this time of year?

Fished from 9-3 today at cottonwood and across slow slow slow couldn’t touch a thing up top on plugs caught one 15” at 40’ on the rigger with a spoon

Feeling like I’m the only guy on here actually reporting for cowichan out today 830-4 wasn’t on fire but had 4 fish total one 23” oversized released nice healthy cuttys

@Uzi1996 i wish I was out there man been trying to get out forever but been having issues with the boat the last few months unfortunately. Will definitely report back when I do make it out lol, hopefully see ya out there one of these days

There is always room for one more boat in the chuck. Freshwater, whether talking rivers or lakes is another story. If you report on it they will come. Others have learned from experience, hence the lack of FW reports.

Last edited:
Anyone been out there lately? I'm heading to Heather campground in a couple weeks and I have a beach site, will be launching the yak from it. Any suggestions on how to fish the area? I don't have a down rigger or trolling set up yet.

Going to head to cowichan this weekend any recent reports? Was up there this past weekend having lunch with the gf and saw a few guys lighting it up on some fly rods must have boated 6-8 fish in the 45minutes we were there. Bringing my 17’ hourston

Made it out today, seemed to be quite a few boats sticking it out in the rain, Watched one boat land one other than that pretty slow, fished 930-130. Fairly new to fishing this lake, I’m sure I’ll work out the kinks and be a little more successful in the future lol.

Attachments

• C6FA6936-C2CB-446D-8101-FCD0070EC302.jpeg
    C6FA6936-C2CB-446D-8101-FCD0070EC302.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 51
Made it out today, seemed to be quite a few boats sticking it out in the rain, Watched one boat land one other than that pretty slow, fished 930-130. Fairly new to fishing this lake, I’m sure I’ll work out the kinks and be a little more successful in the future lol.
I fished the lake for the first time all last summer. Never put the boat in the salt. I was wondering how the winter fishing is. I winterized my boat
but thinking of un tarping and fish the lake on calm days as all my house chores are done

Attachments

• lake cowichan 2020 004.jpg
    lake cowichan 2020 004.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 61
  • cowichan june 2012 008.jpg
    cowichan june 2012 008.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 59
Did well two weeks ago 8 fish landed /released biggest was 3 lbs went out yesterday one fish landed 14” nothing to write home about the lakes pretty murky from all that rain and lots of debris on top might have been a contributing factor to a slow day

Back