couple questions

B

bigguns

I am going to try steelheading for the first time this year and have a couple questions.
1-I have a 8wt fly rod will this be strong enough or am i better off buying a steelhead rod/reel combo?
2-Is their a map of the stamp river of all the pools? like the gun club or bucket?
thanks

8 wt would be a little too light, better with a 9 or 10 wt. You will have more success trying drift gear. Best way to learn the river is to walk up from the gun club and check out every pool up to the falls. It will take you a day, but its time well invested.

8 wt would be a little too light, better with a 9 or 10 wt. You will have more success trying drift gear. Best way to learn the river is to walk up from the gun club and check out every pool up to the falls. It will take you a day, but its time well invested.

Stop by Gone Fishin in Port Alberni. Last time I checked they were still handing out trail maps with hot spots clearly marked. Easy to folow and usually a great river to get a fish or two. In fact, early runs should be showing up soon. Cheers

just picked up a steelhead rod combo from screamin fish and fly amazing service as usual now just need to get to the river

Back