Costco carrying BC Famous Salmon Rub

Aquaholic

Crew Member
For the price of $6.99 that I used to pay for the 100 g pouch, Costco is now selling the 300 g pouch for the exact same price. I just found it today but maybe someone else saw it earlier. I love this stuff on salmon in the oven. Always adding my own tweaks of course but this is a great foundation.

3E8A2F89-F946-441D-9B50-E6D154BEA261.jpeg572C14BF-D177-4F61-910C-FB986AD9B9E0.jpeg

Hmn never tried it. Lots of junk in it?
I wouldn’t recommend it if it was.

I do add my own salt, demerara brown sugar to both sides, some orange zest, a bit of minced garlic and minced ginger on top. Tinfoil method in the oven on convection setting at about 360 for approximately 18 minutes or until it’s 130° internal temperature at the thickest part. The drippings over rice is very tasty. Leave on as much belly fat as you can.

100 g ingredient description versus 300 g ingredient description.

05B3A6E6-2D7D-4451-80C9-F4DB8DDC7F30.jpeg0188B2B0-DDB1-404D-858D-16AA9398BFC7.jpeg

I wouldn’t recommend it if it was.

I do add my own salt, demerara brown sugar to both sides, some orange zest, a bit of minced garlic and minced ginger on top. Tinfoil method in the oven on convection setting at about 360 for approximately 18 minutes or until it’s 130° internal temperature at the thickest part. The drippings over rice is very tasty. Leave on as much belly fat as you can.

100 g ingredient description versus 300 g ingredient description.

View attachment 65687View attachment 65688
I'll give it a shot on your recommendation. I've seen it forever but never bought it.

I use the same as Blueback, brush on a filet, in the fridge over night, then placed on tin foil and bake in the Bradly Smoker for about a hour or until cooked using alder pucks.

I found the results were different when using the liquid with the cooking method I described. My friends preferred the dry rub, but your mileage may vary.
I have used the stuff you use, which I have some of as well and enjoy it, but my fussy teens find it too 'spicy' for some reason. I also like the teriyaki salmon sauce as well, but haven't been able to find it over the past year or so.

This stuff is really good. I usually keep the salmon spine after filleting, sprinkle the stuff and put it in the smoker. The jerky-like salmon tastes great with a cold one at the end of a long day.
I also use the whole 100 gr pack when making my seafood pot. Love that flavor on crab and clams.

This stuff is really good. I usually keep the salmon spine after filleting, sprinkle the stuff and put it in the smoker. The jerky-like salmon tastes great with a cold one at the end of a long day.
I also use the whole 100 gr pack when making my seafood pot. Love that flavor on crab and clams.
I always save the spine and try to leave about 1/4 inch of meat on it, and the collars, it's 1st thing we cook as soon as we get home from fishing , kosher salt and pepper a bit of butter and grill on fairly high heat for a minute or 2 ( collars a little longer) put on a platter and pour some ponzu sauce over it with some ice cold beer. soooooo good.

I always save the spine and try to leave about 1/4 inch of meat on it, and the collars, it's 1st thing we cook as soon as we get home from fishing , kosher salt and pepper a bit of butter and grill on fairly high heat for a minute or 2 ( collars a little longer) put on a platter and pour some ponzu sauce over it with some ice cold beer. soooooo good.
Man, you made me hungry now. It’s a hot day and beer is cold. Just need a fresh salmon.... :)

So I bought some of that rub at Costco. It was very good and a nice change from my homemade rubs. I will definitely buy it again!

Back