Costa Rica fishing

M

marlinman

Hi All,
New here :)
Looking for a little help.
I'm off to Costa Rica fishing, but I'm going to be doing some fishing from beach and rocks with Poppers and Lures too.
unsure of line strength and what traces to use on these lures?
Big Cubera Snapper, Cuda's and hopefully Travelly, ect.
any advise welcome.

Thanks
Kevin

Any surf casting for most of those fish I usually use Luhr Jensen Crocodiles in various weights up to 3 oz. They cast like a bullet-there are others. I usually use 50 lb braid on a large spinning reel and an 11 ft surf rod. Mono shock tip and then for the toothy critters a wire leader.

^ this. Top water lures like poppers are good if there is bait around.

The other method is 6-8 oz weight with a 3-way swivel about 3 ft up, then a side line to hook with fresh bait. Wade out into the surf, cast it big, then retreat to rod holder and cold beer.

Cameron vivo o un pez vivo...believe me no fish can resist squirming bait!
perhaps you should pack some steel leader...for the more toothy critters

Puro Vida....:cool:

I was going to say a glow pearl squirt.... but Poppa beat me to it with the cop car spoon Givin away all the secrets

Then Sammy comes in all German and stuff
:eek:

Robert's Rangers work exceptionally well but you have to pay attention to how you fish them.

http://www.robertslures.com/roberts-lures/the-ranger-series

View attachment 9568

Also since you'll be on the Pacific side for god's sake never turn your back on the ocean the swell can be exceptionally powerful & dangerous ask locals where it's safe to fish-be there early & late for best results.

And watch out for samsquanches

trailer-park-boys-bubbles.jpg

Back