CO's Seize Fish

Sushihunter

http://www.cftktv.com/node/774205

CO's Seize Fish

Tue, 2008-08-19 14:12.
Local News
Conservation officers based in Terrace have tallied their seizures from road checks conducted over the BC Day long weekend and they're alarmed by the results.

Officer Kyle Ackles says they stopped three 3/4 ton pickups carrying fish their occupants shouldn't have had.

He says, in all, officers issued over 30 violation tickets and 16 warnings.

"The seizures included 14 wild steelhead, 15 coho, 5 sockeye, 21 halibut, 38 crab, 28 bags of unidentifiable fish, 4 chinook and 60 jars of canned salmon," said Ackles.

He says it's important that anglers identify their fish before they keep it. There's a fish identification table in the fishing regulations. Ackles says, if you're not confident of the species, just release it.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

I remember last year a guy next to me at the cleaning station was cleaning a few fish when I noticed he had to unclipped coho. When I asked him about those two he said they were the two biggest pinks he caught. When I told him they were coho he looked at me like I had two heads. Oh well.

I think the co's should be at the ferry termional and check every truck (boat or no boat) with a cooler I'll bet there are alot of untagged fish going home. wasn't there a motor home with false compartments in it, and it had something like 200 cans of salmon in it

I think the co's should be at the ferry termional and check every truck (boat or no boat) with a cooler I'll bet there are alot of untagged fish going home. wasn't there a motor home with false compartments in it, and it had something like 200 cans of salmon in it

corse it will never happen they have a hard time doing anything. they have a limited budget I don't think they have enough to put gas in there fancy boats. how many times have you guys been checked on the water. not at the boat launches, but on the water. the last time I was checked on the water was when all those eagles were shot up burard inlet.

corse it will never happen they have a hard time doing anything. they have a limited budget I don't think they have enough to put gas in there fancy boats. how many times have you guys been checked on the water. not at the boat launches, but on the water. the last time I was checked on the water was when all those eagles were shot up burard inlet.

Back