Cordless weed eaters?

Mighty Sylvan

Does anyone have a battery powered weed eater? What do you think of it? I need one for trimming the grass in the back yard. Home Depot has them on sale.

Had a friend who though he was the coolest guy ever when he bought a cordless lawn mower and weedeater. He now owns a gas powered set.

I tried - couldn't get around the yard on one charge - get an extra battery, OR do as I did - back to gas!!

Stosh

Find the nearest Stihl dealer near you; they have the small - curved shaft - gas jobby on for $150/smackers. Buy a 6-pack of Stihl 2-stroke oil ($6/bucks) and they extend the warranty - parts & labour - to 2yrs. There are at least 5 Stihl dealers here in Victoria.

This is a good machine for the homeowner; just bought one and I love it. The straight shaft is better but that'll cost ya another $100.00

Good luck.

Same results as Stosh. Two charges to get the yard done. Great if you have a tiny yard. Pain with 400 feet of fence.

We actually went back to an old Toro corded as out 2 yo CT battery operated one crapped out, both batteries will not hold a charge....

We do not have a big yard, so the corded works fine....and the best thing is we found the Toro in the recycle place at the dump for free.

Will never get another battery operated lawn and garden item again.

Cheers

SS

I had a gas powered one, nothing but trouble, and an extra gas can laying around because of the oil mix. Went to a corded cheap weed eater for under $30, at CT, and it has lasted 2 years already. If you have a yard that is to big for a cord, I would go with the gas.......BB

x4 on the Stihl, great machine, with lots of power. Grab a comfy harness too.;) eman

Last edited by a moderator:
gas.....Echo...great product...had elec...waste of time and you'll end up buying gas when u get po'd.................

I've got an extra gas weed eater you can take off me for $20. I live in Victoria. Weed eater xt 600 straight shaft.

If you are going to Hawaii a battery one will do fine, other that go gas.

I've also got a Homeolite I got from Home Desperate about 3 yrs ago. The pull cord assembly bagged and I gave up and bought the Stihl. If anyone here in Victoria wants it you can have it free. Not sure what a pull cord assembly would be worth.

Terry 250 818-6494

Back