Corbett Lake Lodge

S

sportfish1

Hey Everyone,

I'm planning our honeymoon and am seriously looking at going to Corbett Lake Lodge. We are getting married in Sept and would be there probably the last week. What can you tell me about the accommodations,food and hospitality of the hosts.....and especially about the fishing, fly patterns, typical weather for that period.

Any info would be greatly appreciated !!!!

P.S.
Our wedding presents to each other is a pair of Fish Cat Lite pontoon boats......ya gotta like a girl who likes to fish !!!!

SportFish

Hey there this excellent place to go, the lodge is good,
If you are looking for a bit more privacy however they have a cabin on the lake called the "palace"
This is a private lake, and anyone wanting to fish will cost them 50 bucks.... unless you are staying at the lake, then it is included in the cost of the cabin/lodge.....
The food at this place is spectacular, people from all over the okanagan come to eat..
fishing is excellent. The owner, I belive his name is Peter, feeds the fish every day of the end of the dock. early moring you can see the fish swimming in circles waiting for the food. Fish range anywhere from 3 pounds, up to 12.
I think this lake is catch and release.
Paterns that seem to work quite well would be choronomids, damzel flys, and shrimp.
The lodge rents boats aswell.
I highly recomend this lake.....
Hope this helps....
I will be going to this lake sometime next week to fish, I will report back on how things went....

Hey there this excellent place to go, the lodge is good,
If you are looking for a bit more privacy however they have a cabin on the lake called the "palace"
This is a private lake, and anyone wanting to fish will cost them 50 bucks.... unless you are staying at the lake, then it is included in the cost of the cabin/lodge.....
The food at this place is spectacular, people from all over the okanagan come to eat..
fishing is excellent. The owner, I belive his name is Peter, feeds the fish every day of the end of the dock. early moring you can see the fish swimming in circles waiting for the food. Fish range anywhere from 3 pounds, up to 12.
I think this lake is catch and release.
Paterns that seem to work quite well would be choronomids, damzel flys, and shrimp.
The lodge rents boats aswell.
I highly recomend this lake.....
Hope this helps....
I will be going to this lake sometime next week to fish, I will report back on how things went....

Hey,

Thanks for the reply and your glowing report about Corbett Lake. I will certainly inquire about "The Palace", as it appears that their deluxe cabins are booked up on the dates that I'll be there. I haven't booked anything yet, however, after your recommendation I think I had better get my butt out of the gutter and book something soon. You see, my fiance has never been to Vegas and it would be great to surprise hear by going there, or, do I book a fishing lodge honeymoon. Hummmmmmm !! I know that she loves to fish and we just got pontoon boats, and it would be a GREAT experience at Corbett, at or favortite time of year, for MONSTER rainbows in September. Oh...what's a guy to do ???? Anyway, enough ranting...thanks for the fly pattern info. I have a KILLER double shrimp pattern that MONSTER rainbows love here in AB and I'm sure the Corbett fish would love too. Hey, what kind of lines, leaders would be the most effective in Sept. What about backswimmers and minnow imitations in the fall??

Again, thanks for the info...very much appreciated !! Good luck next week. You can e-mail me if you wish at sportfish1@shaw.ca if you wish, or I look forward to seeing your report on this board.

Tight Lines !!

Hey,

Thanks for the reply and your glowing report about Corbett Lake. I will certainly inquire about "The Palace", as it appears that their deluxe cabins are booked up on the dates that I'll be there. I haven't booked anything yet, however, after your recommendation I think I had better get my butt out of the gutter and book something soon. You see, my fiance has never been to Vegas and it would be great to surprise hear by going there, or, do I book a fishing lodge honeymoon. Hummmmmmm !! I know that she loves to fish and we just got pontoon boats, and it would be a GREAT experience at Corbett, at or favortite time of year, for MONSTER rainbows in September. Oh...what's a guy to do ???? Anyway, enough ranting...thanks for the fly pattern info. I have a KILLER double shrimp pattern that MONSTER rainbows love here in AB and I'm sure the Corbett fish would love too. Hey, what kind of lines, leaders would be the most effective in Sept. What about backswimmers and minnow imitations in the fall??

Again, thanks for the info...very much appreciated !! Good luck next week. You can e-mail me if you wish at sportfish1@shaw.ca if you wish, or I look forward to seeing your report on this board.

Tight Lines !!

Well for lines/leaders....
if your using a dry line i tend to go for nothing less then a 9ft leader most of the time i use about a 13ft.
if its one of those smoking hot days.... i use an intermiditate sinking line with about a 6 ft leader.
for both floating and sinking, i use about a 4 pound test tipppet
(make sure it is the smallest diameter you can find as corbet lake is very clear)
Minnow patterns in the fall could be good, although havent seen many in the lake... however a leach pattern may be better.
You said you were from Alberta....
im heading up there for the last week and a half of August.
actually to be more presice, im going to rocky mountain house.....
hows fishing up their???
what kinda fish are there, PIKE?? rainbows...

Well for lines/leaders....
if your using a dry line i tend to go for nothing less then a 9ft leader most of the time i use about a 13ft.
if its one of those smoking hot days.... i use an intermiditate sinking line with about a 6 ft leader.
for both floating and sinking, i use about a 4 pound test tipppet
(make sure it is the smallest diameter you can find as corbet lake is very clear)
Minnow patterns in the fall could be good, although havent seen many in the lake... however a leach pattern may be better.
You said you were from Alberta....
im heading up there for the last week and a half of August.
actually to be more presice, im going to rocky mountain house.....
hows fishing up their???
what kinda fish are there, PIKE?? rainbows...

Hi,

Thanks for the info on the lines/leaders/patterns. You have been more than helpful. Regarding fishing in the Rocky Mtn House area, you have lots of choices: Here is a list of places to go and species of fish. First get a copy of the Alberta Fishing Guide...it lists streams,rivers,lakes with species of fish,etc.

Rocky Mtn House Area

Prairie Creek - excellent for brown & brook trout
Clearwater River - good for Rocky Mtn Whitefish and brown trout
Red Deer River - excellent fishery for rocky mtn whitefish, brown trout, walleye, pike, lake whitefish
Stauffer Creek/North Raven River - world famous spring creek for brown/brook trout

There are some good pothole lakes that are stocked with rainbows and some with brown trout

Nordegg (west of Rocky)

North Sask River - big river that has most species and can fish very well
North Ram River - excellent fishery for BIG cutthroat
Blackstone River - good for cutthroat, bull trout
Shunda Creek - spring creek that has brown trout
Big Horn River - good for cutthroat

Lakes in the Nordegg area that have rainbows are Goldeye Lake and Fish Lake

I hope this helps you.

Tight Lines !!

Hi,

Thanks for the info on the lines/leaders/patterns. You have been more than helpful. Regarding fishing in the Rocky Mtn House area, you have lots of choices: Here is a list of places to go and species of fish. First get a copy of the Alberta Fishing Guide...it lists streams,rivers,lakes with species of fish,etc.

Rocky Mtn House Area

Prairie Creek - excellent for brown & brook trout
Clearwater River - good for Rocky Mtn Whitefish and brown trout
Red Deer River - excellent fishery for rocky mtn whitefish, brown trout, walleye, pike, lake whitefish
Stauffer Creek/North Raven River - world famous spring creek for brown/brook trout

There are some good pothole lakes that are stocked with rainbows and some with brown trout

Nordegg (west of Rocky)

North Sask River - big river that has most species and can fish very well
North Ram River - excellent fishery for BIG cutthroat
Blackstone River - good for cutthroat, bull trout
Shunda Creek - spring creek that has brown trout
Big Horn River - good for cutthroat

Lakes in the Nordegg area that have rainbows are Goldeye Lake and Fish Lake

I hope this helps you.

Tight Lines !!

Back