Cooler comparison

Nice link. The colman extreme held is own, even better than a yeti. Glad I didnt buy a yeti as I almost pulled the trigger on one a couple years back...

Yeah that Coleman was a surprise. I figured when they did the initial weigh-in that the coolers that were roughly double the weight would win hands down. Most of them were marginally better, but the Coleman is about 1/3 the price of the other guys and was pretty damn close in performance.

I think it just demonstrates the laws of physics. It simply takes exponentially more insulation to hold the lower temperatures -- double the insulation does not mean double the performance.

I've got one of the Coleman Xtreme units and have had it for about 5 years. Has held up very well to constant abuse. This season the plastic handles broke off, but I simply made new ones from rope and piece of old aluminum pipe.

the Coleman is about 1/3 the price of the other guys and was pretty damn close in performance.

I was a little surprised at how well the Coleman performed-I own one and it's nothing too special but then again neither are any of the others.

Coleman worked well for me, after two years, the hinges broke, back to Cdn Tyre with no receipt. No problem, walked out with a new one.

Back