Cool Hali Vid-Some Great Underwater Shots

Very nice video. Would love to get this DVD. Brings back old memories. Mid to northern Norway is phenomenal for fishing! Everyone should experience that at least once in their lives. It's all jigging - shallow and deep. The variety of bottom and mid-water fish - mostly cod family species - is mind boggling and they all get very big. Several hundred hookups per day per angler are possible on good days and you better be in good shape to endure a day like that. And they are all delicious eating.

I know couple guides that fish them...with great success..Need to be a little careful with the hooks .... fish them off a spreader bar...they have some great colours...... Ssardine, herring, Mackeral and anchovy..... :)

The Jig is in the international catalog on page 27 they are 13 1/2 oz and come with 2 spare bodies. Both sport stores in my town carry them so they are out there.

http://www.stormlures.com/international/

KEV, what store would that be? Called a few shops south of the border in Washington and none have the international line with the Jigging Shad....

Upon further research, Type "Storm Lures Canada" into google...not much problem beyond that

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanderhoof is probably a little off the beaten path for you but here they are: Omineca Sports 250-567-9885 Taylor Bros. Hardware 250-567-2246.

Rapala is the Parent of Storm Lures, or storm sells through Rapala in Canada. one or the other. So if a shop carry's Rapala there's a chance you can get it through them.

the 12 oz (9in) or 13.5oz for those measuring 28gram ounces ;) they are 385grams. Retail $22.50

Too Funny,how to tail a "hambut"...I like the part (when a big one bites) wooooo stup!!!:D

I got to use them Storm Lures this year. They were in the clearance bin @ the Army&Navy store in Vanvouver. They are bottom fish killers.... Plus with the hook being on the top it made it hardrer to hook the bottom.

Great video! Definitely gets you dreaming about getting back out there.

I got to use them Storm Lures this year. They were in the clearance bin @ the Army&Navy store in Vanvouver. They are bottom fish killers.... Plus with the hook being on the top it made it hardrer to hook the bottom.

Fish ... Were they the Storm Swim Shads, or jigging Shads...Im finding the Jigging shad a hard to come by item. Most places can order them in but their suppliers seem to be very short stock....not to mention most shops, once they look into them abit are suprised at there length (9") and wieght (over a LB).
Were the Lures you bought these heavy jigging lures? or were they around an ounce to an ounce and a half....which would make them the Swim Shads... as well from my research the Jigging shad is only available in 3 colors in Canada, the new models (listed on Storms Int. site) are not available yet north of the border...still havent found the new releases locally south of the border either.

I just ordered some of the heavy jigging shads from Stevenson Marine (langley), I will post pics once I recieve them...could be a few weeks by the sounds of it, but luckily I've got till march ;)....they are about 25 bucks each.

-note -after re-reading your post the fact it had only a top mounted hook leads me to believe infact it was the heavy jigging lure. as the swim shad also has a belly mounted Treble.

As well, how did the rubber body hold up against strikes and bits? are you still able to use the lure or was it done after a full day of bottom fishing.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a cool vid,Highliner.I like the action on that swimbait. That tail waggle seems to just drive em crazy!

About 3 years i was in trailhead lodge tackleshop in renny, bought a pack of blue/silverish(3 to a pack) storm swimbait..went out the next day and rod-stared for salmon for hours off logan..got bored so i tied up one of those lures with about a 30 in leader to a banana weight, dropped it down about 110ft..got 3 chicken halibut in about half an hour...also they work well for lings too...really well actually! Problem is a couple of ling bites or hali bites is they usually bite the tail off or break it free from the shank....they dont last long, for the price u pay about 8-9 bucks if i remember. But they do work!!! cheers....i did buy more of them i found the chartruess color worked the best

Back