Converting Electric Downrigger from Wire to PowerPro

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hey Guy's

I just bought my very first electric downrigger and I want to take the wire off and put on Power Pro.

I am wondering what kind of knot to use to connect the power pro to the downrigger spool? Is there a special knot or way of doing this?

In terms of stopper beads, I bought the red beads which say they are for braid, should I trust these beads, to stop and not slide on the line?

I heard I should put on mutiple beads (three) about 6" apart and use super glue to glue the last one in place, does this make sence or is it not nessary?

Thanks

Capt

There have been large discussions on here with lots of ideas and info for running braid. That said, I personally use the tuna cord method, and no stopper beads at all, just the knot that connects the tuna cord to the braid. I run a snubber with swivels tied directly to the tuna cord, then clip the ball on to the snubber. You clip your release clip to the tuna cord so it doesn't slip. For stacking, I use the two alligator clip setup.(can't remember what it's called 'the stacker' maybe)

Back