Contact James Lunney on Port Alberni sockeye sportfishing mismanagement by DFO

Islandgirl

I contacted DFO (Bill Shaw and Paul Preston) on July 05 regarding the full on commercial fishery and the destruction of the sportfishing industry in Port Alberni. It has fallen on deaf ears. So now I am contacting Lunney and urge anyone who is disgusted with this mess to do the same.

CONSTITUENCY OFFICE James Lunney MP Naniamo Alberni
Suite 6, 6894 Island Highway North
Nanaimo, BC
V9V 1P6
(250) 390-7550
Fax 390-7551
Toll Free 1-866-390-7550
nanaimo@jameslunneymp.ca

Here is the email addy to the Port Alberni Chamber of commerce too
avcoc@alberni.net

The lady at Lunney's office told me they have been having calls like crazy!
Let them know we are not happy with DFO mismanagement once again of the sport fishery and Alberni tourism

Last edited by a moderator:
email sent.
GLG

Why does the inlet have these problems every year? It is complete BS that any one fishery should negatively affect another. There is no need for this to happen. All sectors can get their fish without doing damage to stocks or their fellow fishermen. DFO has to go!!!!!!!

Maybe PA should give back the title "Sportfishing Capitol" and use the $25k to sue DFO. Maybe it was a mistake to advertise PA as the "Sportfishing Capitol" last year....

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does the inlet have these problems every year? It is complete BS that any one fishery should negatively affect another. There is no need for this to happen. All sectors can get their fish without doing damage to stocks or their fellow fishermen. DFO has to go!!!!!!!

Why does the inlet have these problems year after year..??
I think it is commercial GREED..nothing else..
easy pickings for the seines( JP boats) in the canal.

Back