Consultants derby

Yes, you are right guys. There was a miscommunication between the scale operator and the recorder. The derby results were officially revised to 31.5 lbs for the wining fish which luckily didn't change anything with the order of things but we still apologize for this glitch. So 31.5 lbs it is - also sounds better ;)

Outstanding Event again! Great band, food and prizes. Huge cash donation to Sooke Hachery 13,500, wow!! Big thanks to Chris and Dave who put a ton of hours making this event possible. Great to see some of the top rods out there donating their time and experience, IE Wolf etc. Great fishin with you Dave and Dale. Next year we will hang on to the big one eh Lol. Again job well done guys. Cheers Fc

Thanks to the organizers for a great event for a wonderful cause! My first Sooke fishing experience was enjoyable...even if the fishing wasn't quite what we'd hoped for. Managed to bag a 15.6 lber 5 mins before weigh-in to avoid the skunk.
We'll be back next year.
Dan

Ya, we caught the fish and there is no doubt that it was 31.5. Funny thing was that it read 34 on the sunny shores scales... mystery.... Great day on the water and the food and waitresses were an added bonus. Thanks christoph! see ya on the water boys!

Fun day, congrats to Deewar and Chris73 for the excellent organizing.

Fished with two great guys from Vancouver...Dave and Doug. Fishing was a bit scratchy...we managed only a couple small springs and a few pinks. Plus two nice wild coho, towards 10 pounds or so.

Bonus to meet a few SFBC folks in person.

Good times!

[on another note, maybe we should have an SFBC derby day sometime...everyone fish your own local spot all on the same day, post a pic, biggest gets a year's bragging rights.]

http://fishingportrenfrew.ca
http://fishingsooke.ca

quote:Originally posted by addicted

Ya, we caught the fish and there is no doubt that it was 31.5. Funny thing was that it read 34 on the sunny shores scales... mystery.... Great day on the water and the food and waitresses were an added bonus. Thanks christoph! see ya on the water boys!

good job on the winner.....Thanks for the ticket it was called within 5 min of you leaving....I got a nice duffel bag:)

and boy was it a fun run back to Cheanuh:(

I definately know what the boat can handle....lots of green water over the front...tall...short and every which way kinda waves

That post was back in 2008
Maybe he won it last year.

Close run into your setup today addicted;) bit of a gridlock at the gap hehehe
cheers

And who's rich claiming that it was his fish anyway? Another mystery..

JUST FISHEN'

Those posts are from last year. Rich and I had a 28.5lbr but the photo looks like it says 31.5 Don't worry we won't steal your thunder! We had 4 springs to the boat but all between 10 and 15.[:I]

Regardless, had a great time. Very well run and organized event. Some of the bigger derbies could learn a few things from it! Best of all the money goes back to making our fishing future in Sooke that much better.

Again, thanks to all who helped to make this a very successful event! Thanks to Talspin, Striperjack, Wolf, Tailout and the other guides giving our sponsors a great day on the water! Wolf, please send me an email and let me know which of your guides guided the biggest salmon for the sponsors - he will claim a prize donated by juandesooka. Many thanks to you volunteer skippers who pitched in! Congrats Addicted for getting a rookie hooked into the derby winner! And for getting him liquored up thoroughly - Mike loves you forever now! Was nice to meet you smilie66 - sorry that I never found to time to get introduced to you juandesooka and some others here. A tad busy for me. Thanks island idiots for being a great helper! I owe you one! I will for sure get a derby shirt for you at least - ran out today. I will try to return my part tomorrow and take out a couple of kids at the Pink Festival.

Need a vote from you guys on the girls compared to last year [:p]
Ok, I will crash now, Deewar..;:)

thanks to all that were out there and Jim for running your boat for me (and Dale) again. Had a great time even with the madness of running around making sure all was running smooth. For me personally, I was really happy that Kim from TC won the River's Inlet trip (if it wasn't going to be me!). She bought the 15 ticket deal to win it entirely for the fact that her dad always dreamed of a trip up there but could never afford it. I just had to tell her personally and (even thou my phone was screwed up), she heard enough to realize she had won. She was ecstatic. I would much rather someone like that one, than someone that doesn't fish and felt like they should just buy a ticket for the heck of it. As for everyone else that didn't win, thanks much for all the tickets you bought up as well as it went straight to SSE so it wasn't a lost cause by any means.

We didn't get that hog this time Jim, but Dale will get the hang of it - he had enough friggin practice bringin in those little springers and I saw potential with that bigger one he got in at the end of the day. I can at least say my rod is still hot thou...lol

<edit>I see Christoph beat me to this one - the sponsor winning fish was Foghorn, or Jimmy's?

and of course thanks to the lovely girls [:p]

derby007.jpg

Like Dave and Christoph said, thanks to everyone coming out and making the derby another huge success. See you all again next year. And watch for the thank you ad coming up next week in the Times Colonist. Eventually we'll see pics and the weigh in summary on our website too.

http://www.consultantsinvitational.ca/

It was great catching up with everyone and meeting some new faces.

Tight Lines!
Carl in the Jalopy

Here's the leader board

http://www.fishingderbyonline.com/DerbyLeaderboard?prizeCategoryID=112

Somebody caught a 18.9lb pink?! Holy s$%t! Never seen a pink that big! Gotta be some kind of record?!

lol - trolling that one pac or didn't you realize we weighed the pinkies together for calculating the skipper prize?? [8D] Not a fan of the way it comes in on the leaderboard, but it is what it is. No, monster pinks weren't to be found (although when they get hooked in the top of the head, it sure seemed like one, right FC?)

BTW...looks like Jimmy was the top dog in the guide world so I will get that one sorted out for ya Christoph.....

Back