Consultants derby

Deewar25

Just want to say thanks much to you guys on the board that helped make this happen - the fishing was scratchy to say the least, but I think we pulled off a hell of an event after - nothing but praise from everyone I talked to. Thanks also to Fah Cups for taking me out and showing me the ropes in your favorite zones, + any other skippers that may be roaming around here and helped out. It's all good...and all it took to keep the wife happy after was a big tub of leftovers! Not bad. Chris...get some sleep already!

hey deewar,
sorry i dont know your name, so who are you?lol, i was with scansa, or actually focus bought the tickets i guess. it was a good derby, and good food and atmosphere, i hope to be in it next year

hey deewar,
sorry i dont know your name, so who are you?lol, i was with scansa, or actually focus bought the tickets i guess. it was a good derby, and good food and atmosphere, i hope to be in it next year

That was a great day and a great event! Some scratchy fishing for sure. $9000 to the Sooke Salmon Enhancement Society...Very good cause.

Some good fish from the Muir Creek area for the Victoria City guys. We scrathed up a teener before the whales moved through for the TPS Sponsor group from Buffalo NY that landed them a nice Fenny HMX and Trophy reel, thanks to the kind prize donation from Westshore Sportfishing Center.

Great food, good beer and some nice waitreses [:p]

www.tailspincharters.com

That was a great day and a great event! Some scratchy fishing for sure. $9000 to the Sooke Salmon Enhancement Society...Very good cause.

Some good fish from the Muir Creek area for the Victoria City guys. We scrathed up a teener before the whales moved through for the TPS Sponsor group from Buffalo NY that landed them a nice Fenny HMX and Trophy reel, thanks to the kind prize donation from Westshore Sportfishing Center.

Great food, good beer and some nice waitreses [:p]

www.tailspincharters.com

i wish i knew we could head that far west, i had a hot tip in the early am, but stayed at secretary thinking that was the boundry, oh well, not like i would have done any better up there, but yea the waitresses were very nice[:p][:p]. good prizes for the size of derby as well, everyone seemed happy except for the amount of fish

i wish i knew we could head that far west, i had a hot tip in the early am, but stayed at secretary thinking that was the boundry, oh well, not like i would have done any better up there, but yea the waitresses were very nice[:p][:p]. good prizes for the size of derby as well, everyone seemed happy except for the amount of fish

Hey Dohboy...I'm Dave from 1st Team - I was the one running around setting up the tent for the band and taking a bunch of pictures (I was part of the organizing committee). Yeah, with that many numbers, it was hard to figure who was who. As for the boundaries - the guides were 'supposed' to restrict their fishing between Secretary and Peddar, but the rest of us was open - only stated in the rules that 'most' would fish between Peddar & Secretary. This obviously was more a social derby, so we weren't about to hogtie for breaking that kind of rule!

Didn't even realize you stayed for it Justin - I was hoping to meet you - glad you got the big guys into a fish - I talked to them after and they had a blast..and uhm, yes, liked the girls (I was proud of getting them on board..lol)

derby016Medium.jpg

Hey Dohboy...I'm Dave from 1st Team - I was the one running around setting up the tent for the band and taking a bunch of pictures (I was part of the organizing committee). Yeah, with that many numbers, it was hard to figure who was who. As for the boundaries - the guides were 'supposed' to restrict their fishing between Secretary and Peddar, but the rest of us was open - only stated in the rules that 'most' would fish between Peddar & Secretary. This obviously was more a social derby, so we weren't about to hogtie for breaking that kind of rule!

Didn't even realize you stayed for it Justin - I was hoping to meet you - glad you got the big guys into a fish - I talked to them after and they had a blast..and uhm, yes, liked the girls (I was proud of getting them on board..lol)

derby016Medium.jpg

Great event and many thanks to all who helped putting this together! Many boats with top rods (including myself :D) did not do well on the water (but caught up later with beer) but some boats did very well. The winning fish weight was revised to 31.5 lbs due to a recording mistake which didn't change anything in the order - just rectifies the understatement! There were boats that came back with 4 nice springs! Congrats to the winners because it was surely a tough day to deliver results. I also want to thank all the Charter Businesses that took out out-of-town sponsors - they all had a great time even though fishing was slow. And Tailspin seemed to have again a slight edge over the competition ;). You all will definitely get business again from this Derby! And don't forget, this little 140 - 150 people derby raised $9k for the Sooke Hatchery. That is close to 50% of their annual budget! They promised us to raise many nice salmon for us and our kids from this money. We will shortly update our website www.consultantsinvitational.ca to reflect the 2008 derby news and there you can find out who were the sponsors behind this event that made this event and the donation possible. And Thanks to Fah Cups to get Deewar25 into a fish - I know from personal experience how hard this can be....:D:D

victoriaboater, i am not kip but he is my boss and got me the tickets,sean is my name, i was sitting at his table for the dinner, i am the little bit larger guy with glasses

Hey guys. Glad the site is up and running after the hack. Still see some icons or something reguarding the hack. I would like to extend a very big thank you to Deewar and Chris 73 for a outstanding derby you and your mates put together!! Well done. It was a pleasure to fish with you dave hope we can do it again. Yep it was scratchy fishin on the day of the derby, funny I was out today and took a big teenager and a 28 iber in the same spot as we fished on saturday. thats just how it works! Hope to be invited again next year! Anyway once again great job, the big derbys should take a look at what you guys are doing. 9000 bucks donated to Sooke Hatchery outstanding!!! Cheers FC

quote:chris73 Posted - 08/25/2008 : 16:21:05
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great event and many thanks to all who helped putting this together! Many boats with top rods (including myself ) did not do well on the water (but caught up later with beer) but some boats did very well. The winning fish weight was revised to 31.5 lbs due to a recording mistake which didn't change anything in the order - just rectifies the understatement! There were boats that came back with 4 nice springs! Congrats to the winners because it was surely a tough day to deliver results. I also want to thank all the Charter Businesses that took out out-of-town sponsors - they all had a great time even though fishing was slow. And Tailspin seemed to have again a slight edge over the competition . You all will definitely get business again from this Derby! And don't forget, this little 140 - 150 people derby raised $9k for the Sooke Hatchery. That is close to 50% of their annual budget! They promised us to raise many nice salmon for us and our kids from this money. We will shortly update our website www.consultantsinvitational.ca to reflect the 2008 derby news and there you can find out who were the sponsors behind this event that made this event and the donation possible. And Thanks to Fah Cups to get Deewar25 into a fish - I know from personal experience how hard this can be....

Thanks Chris, Sunday we got into some big fish close to Pedder right after we saw the whales go through landed the one 24, the other were lost as guests played musical chairs on the rods.

Again a great event and to a great cause.

www.tailspincharters.com

shhh FC, don't tell the other derby's how its supposed to be done right now! ha Really though, this was our first go at this scale and we were damn lucky the weather cooperated - it wouldn't have been so smooth if it was Sunday. Glad we got first crack in good weather - I'd say we need a little more tent space if we go with similar setup, so we shall see (prizes & food were out in the open - probably would have fit under the big top though).

As for you Chris, STILL bitter being outfished in your own boat huh? Sorry, I'll tone it down next time for you.

FC, I'm sure we can find a place for ya again...worked out well. Nice work on the fish today - brutally hit and miss last few weeks - someone tell those whales to add seals to the diet - especially that one trailing us for an hour

Cool wish I could have been in the derby sounds like it was a ton of fun even if fishing was scatchy. As for the money for the fish that is awesome we are raising $50,000 between the lodges in Nootka to give to a federal funded fish hatchery which is a first. It's all about saving our fish so we can fish for years and so can our kids and their kids hopefuly.

Cheers ME

revisedhookedonfishing.jpg

www.goldriverfishinglodge.com
www.moutchabay.com/
Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

Congrats Chris on a good Derby,
Great $ for the society

Sorry I couldn't make it this year but not to be outdone, I caught a 32lb on the Sat up at Barkley.
Maybe next year I'll make it back to claim that top prize again!!!

2MD aka Vance

Just so there's no confusion. The winning fish was 28.5 lbs. In the pic taken by the fish tactics website the blood smear on the tag makes it look like 31.5. I shouldn't be pointing this out as it was our fish. Great event, I'll push for more City involvement for next year...

Hmm...a mystery - I'm looking at the pic again and just can't see that - I could maybe see the 3 being a 2, but that sure as heck looks like a solid 1. You absolutely sure about that? For this event, obviously wouldn't make a difference, but for future years, we are tossing around (only tossing at this point) the idea of a bonus $$ prize if you beat largest of prior years. Vance's from last year was right between those 2 numbers, so it would technically matter.

http://www.fishtactics.com/derby/11/11_Chinook_Salmon_20080823144043_28_5lb_110.jpg

Just blew up the picture on my computer.......... clearly states 31.5............ SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Back