Columbia River Spring forcast

This is going to be the best season on the west coast in recent memory! Add to that a million coho for the Columbia. That's just one river.....think about it. Hit the gym and get those arms pumped up.

Sorry to sound dumb lol , but those returns for the Columbia do they all pass through Canadian waters ? I'm not aloud over the line hahahah

Too bad the Canadian government cant follow the US on this one and throw some money at our under funded hatchery programs. This is great to see and proof that hatchery programs do work ALOT better than waiting for 200 wild fish to re populate a river.

Great good to know , and they don't have thriving hatchery programs setup on the island I was always under impression there was many .

Not really. Other issue is the ones we have are not performing well and have rolled back production. :mad:

lol..........

Too bad the Canadian government cant follow the US on this one and throw some money at our under funded hatchery programs. This is great to see and proof that hatchery programs do work ALOT better than waiting for 200 wild fish to re populate a river.

Yeah pretty sad that Canada has chose to ride America's coat tails instead of doing their part to put Chinooks and Cohos into the ocean. I can remember when the Stamp/Somass system used to produce 8 million Chinook smolts........not now.

Kinda embarassing! :(

I'm grateful for the hatchery work they do down there. I have to think our sport fishing neighbours are cursing us as we get the first crack at them heading south. The government needs to help out more up here. Not to mention, it would be nice to do more fishing in the protection of the sounds and inlets.

All these fish that pass by WCVI bound for the Columbia... Well they STACK up infront if victoria through oak bay. So yea pedder bay is a great place to fish from.

I find it hard to believe anywhere on the coast had better fishing than SCVI last year for numbers. The only downside to the American hatchery fish is they rarely go over 20lbs we only got a couple low 20's maybe 1 or 2 25 's but the size is consistant 8-18 pounds mostly. Only got a handfull of wilds all summer. So you still gotta hit WCVI if your after the trophy but for bent rods just come to Vic.

All these fish that pass by WCVI bound for the Columbia... Well they STACK up infront if victoria through oak bay. So yea pedder bay is a great place to fish from.

I find it hard to believe anywhere on the coast had better fishing than SCVI last year for numbers. The only downside to the American hatchery fish is they rarely go over 20lbs we only got a couple low 20's maybe 1 or 2 25 's but the size is consistant 8-18 pounds mostly. Only got a handfull of wilds all summer. So you still gotta hit WCVI if your after the trophy but for bent rods just come to Vic.

SCVI the best fishing on the coast? Numbers or otherwise that's a stretch.

Yup. Majority will follow 50 fathom line down to swiftsure then turn and burn. Last year some more than usual went down inside, but that hasn't been the historic pattern for a good long time. Never know, if temps are cold enough on inside we may see a repeat again?

Sweet.... I hope we will have a better fishing this year than a year ago. Keep improve numbers of springs and coho!

Back