Columbia fuels driver confirmed drunk

Deewar25

[h=1]Charges approved against driver of fuel truck that crashed on Malahat[/h]

[h=2][/h]

Charges have been approved against the driver of a Columbia Fuels tanker truck that crashed on the Malahat and spilled 40,000 litres of gasoline into Goldstream River six months ago.
James Allan Charles Smith, 34, has been charged with impaired driving, driving with a blood alcohol level over 80 millligrams and dangerous driving, Criminal Justice Branch spokesman Neil MacKenzie said Thursday.
Smith will appear in Western Communities provincial court Nov. 24.
In July, Columbia Fuels said the driver of the truck had been let go.

[url]http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Charges+approved+against+driver+fuel+truck+that+crashed+Malahat/5547588/story.html

h[/URL]ope they bankrupt his arse - idiot

I could care less about this scum imagine if he hit afamily with a buch of kids and klilled them i hate to say it the best thing for this guy is if he had killed himself good luck on gettting a job driving again what a moron!!!!!

But the worse bigger picture is what damage is this going to do to the river time will tell if it will ever be a fish bearing again, cause they didnt do much to clean it up they should have taken all that rock and gravel out sorry to say and put new stuff in the river was wrecked doing that wouldnt have done anymore damage....

HOLY KEEE-RICED!!! WTF???
Give this Fawking Idiot a bright Orange Jumpsuit (with I'm and Idiot on the back), a Toothbrush and a case of Sunlight soap and make him scrub every stone in the area. MAKE him clean up the mess.

40,000 litres
:eek: it's no wonder our bloody gas prices are so high, they are dumping the stuff in the rivers and just take a guess who is paying for their financial losses
:rolleyes:, if you have been to the pump lately this guess shouldn't be too hard;).

you know what, kudo's to columbia fuels for stepping up to pay for something they had no control over - the turd likely has no money, but they should certainly squeeze out every penny he has...take his house (if he had one)...everything. Driving a fuel loaded weapon down the malahat drunk has to be in the top 10 things of most moronic things one could ever do....make him pay well beyond losing his jobs and a criminal record. Boy deserves BK and jail.

And a cell mate named Bubba

Read something in Times Colonist and Province the other day saying that there is a fair number of fish out in the estuary schooling for the past couple weeks, with a ton of seals....

they went on to say "not sure if the fish are holding back because of the fuel issue, or just waiting on the water to rise".

well... i know they wait a bit for the waters in that river, but makes one wonder doesnt it!

I could care less about this scum imagine if he hit afamily with a buch of kids and klilled them i hate to say it the best thing for this guy is if he had killed himself good luck on gettting a job driving again what a moron!!!!!

But the worse bigger picture is what damage is this going to do to the river time will tell if it will ever be a fish bearing again, cause they didnt do much to clean it up they should have taken all that rock and gravel out sorry to say and put new stuff in the river was wrecked doing that wouldnt have done anymore damage....

agreed wolf!

Funny thing that nowhere in that article does it explain that their driver was intoxicated. Seems to me like a perfect situation for breathalyzer key starts for large vehicles carrying dangerous cargo, NO????

Funny thing that nowhere in that article does it explain that their driver was intoxicated. Seems to me like a perfect situation for breathalyzer key starts for large vehicles carrying dangerous cargo, NO????

Great idea, should be an industry standard!

You know that guys gonna jump into another vehicle drunk. If you can climb into a Fuel Truck drunk, you've got a bit of a problem that's not going away. They should force him to stay a year at a rehab centre or go to jail. Jail outright probably won't help this guy. Don't get me wrong I have absolutely no sympathy for this idiot but he will be on the road again. We have to protect ourselves and our families from ****-heads like this! Just a matter of time before he kills himself and/or us.

Great idea, should be an industry standard!

You know that guys gonna jump into another vehicle drunk. If you can climb into a Fuel Truck drunk, you've got a bit of a problem that's not going away. They should force him to stay a year at a rehab centre or go to jail. Jail outright probably won't help this guy. Don't get me wrong I have absolutely no sympathy for this idiot but he will be on the road again. We have to protect ourselves and our families from ****-heads like this! Just a matter of time before he kills himself and/or us.

Easy does it here! I have absolutely no love patience for impaired drivers myself. However to say that you know that he's going to jump into another vehicle drunk and that it's a matter of time before he kills himself or one of us is a pretty irresponsible statement to make. It could (should) be considered a very slanderous statement. I know a lot of guys(as we all do) who've been charged and convicted of impaired driving and I can assure you that they DO feel remorse for what they've done and you won't ever see them drink and drive again. I'd like to think that this holds true for Mr.Smith. He's already lost his job and it's doubtful that he'll get another driving job again like the one he had anytime soon. Time will tell I suppose but for now go easy and give some thought about what you put in print.
Dave

Easy does it here! I have absolutely no love patience for impaired drivers myself. However to say that you know that he's going to jump into another vehicle drunk and that it's a matter of time before he kills himself or one of us is a pretty irresponsible statement to make. It could (should) be considered a very slanderous statement. I know a lot of guys(as we all do) who've been charged and convicted of impaired driving and I can assure you that they DO feel remorse for what they've done and you won't ever see them drink and drive again. I'd like to think that this holds true for Mr.Smith. He's already lost his job and it's doubtful that he'll get another driving job again like the one he had anytime soon. Time will tell I suppose but for now go easy and give some thought about what you put in print.
Dave

so with your internet opinion (trying to be polite) do you think he should do time? besides killing fish , he could have killed one of our loved ones or worse my mother in law,,, ?

so with your internet opinion (trying to be polite) do you think he should do time? besides killing fish , he could have killed one of our loved ones or worse my mother in law,,, ?
If a court of law decides he should do time then so be it. As I said, I have no sympathy for impaired drivers.However, how many people do you know that have done time for an impaired driving charge. It doesn't happen very often. I still have a problem with someone saying that "he will jump into another vehicle drunk". Just how does someone know that!
Dave

Back