Coho Killers

ipbuckin

I used these spoons for the first time at Ferrer point Nootka sound
yesterday and they were actively hooking both Coho & Spring salmon.
However, I was disappointed that after awhile the paper disolved off, leaving a bare spoon. This still worked, but I do not know how well
it was compared to having the paper on. Has anyone else had this problem? Are Painted spoons, as are Tomics, preferable?
I might try painting the bare spoons with fingernail polish.

What the he## kind of spoon has PAPER on it?????

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I have a half dozen of these spoons in my tackle box and have never had a problem with the paint or eyes coming off. All the ones I have I believe are painted. Even when I have had a large fish bend the spoon nothing has come off. These are a great spoon when there is a lot of needle fish or small bait around.

Autumn Ty-ee

We've been using these for years and never seen any paper...Must be paint or the reflective tape?

They will get twisted and bent over and over, getting a little weaker as you keep tuning them, but you can keep fishing them until they break in half. Tune them back to the original shape the best you can and dump it down as long as it wiggles and flutters, the color/paint is not totally crutial.

Tofino B.C.'s most recommended Fishing Outfitter.
www.tofinofishing.com

when using Coho Killers, what leader length does one use for fishing Springs? DAJ

Leader length was navel to the deck. The spoons were advertised as having UV glow properties, perhaps that was what peeled off.

Back