Coho in through Sansum Narrows??

Hello fellow anglers. New to the salmon fishing scene. This time of year are there any Coho running through the Sansum Narrows and on past the south end of Salt Spring Island?
Thanks, Aboattime4fishing

You may get a few in that area but probably a better bet early to mid Oct.It's open right now for 2 Coho,1 of which can be
unmarked.Cowichan Bay itself opens up Nov.1 for 2 Coho hatchery or unmarked and can be good.Hope this helps.

Drive down to Cherry Point - use the short road to the beach by Cherry Point Vineyard.
When you see the guys fishing off the beach, or just offshore in the tin and pontoon boats, you'll know the coho are in.
Be aware that it shallows up for a fair distance off the beach, you are looking at 4 - 6 feet of water.
Most of the activity is above the eel grass beds, hence a lot of dry fly lines.
That said, I've caught them out deeper, 30 - 50 feet of water.
Good luck, and post your results.

anybody seeing any coho off cherry point yet? We were up there on Sat. morning, the whole flat was boiling with bait but no sign of coho...

Should be something hanging around there now. 200 or so Coho have been through the counting fence on the Cowi
already.With the low water,alot of fish would be holding back.I'd give it a try.

No kidding,sawbill.Calling for a substancial amount of rain this weekend.If that happens,the party's over for Snuffy
and crew.Couldn't come sooner for the fish.I'm sure it's been living hell for them the last couple of months!

Back