Coastal Craft launches the 41' Sport Fisher

Here are the hull specifications for the 41. This is from their soon to be release 42' Express but the only difference is they added 12" to the bow for aesthetics as the 42 has a reverse swept windshield similar to one of the two versions of the 33' hull. I think someone asked for more beam. :)

130749425_3633759083356078_8045077036413821432_o.jpg131111440_3633759076689412_6915258206136568178_o.jpg

I took a guy out fishing who owned one that was just 5 years old..he was Canadian living in Cali...he had a vineyard and several known labels in our stores. He was crossing Georgia Strait with his kids and almost lost the boat. An engine water supply pipe perforated (rusted) and flooded the engine room. The boat almost sank before making to a haul out. He was fishing with me because he had no boat for the summer season waiting for insurance and the manufacturers to settle liabilities. Last I saw the boat was out on dry land in Canoe Cove's lot and then heard he sold it.

An engine water supply pipe perforated (rusted) and flooded the engine room. The boat almost sank before making to a haul out
That would explain the O/B power. When my boat was I/B's it had shut-off valves on the through hull's feeding engine cooling, but a rusted-out exhaust can do the same thing. By the time he realized what was up it may have been too late to access any shut-off's.

I took a guy out fishing who owned one that was just 5 years old..he was Canadian living in Cali...he had a vineyard and several known labels in our stores. He was crossing Georgia Strait with his kids and almost lost the boat. An engine water supply pipe perforated (rusted) and flooded the engine room. The boat almost sank before making to a haul out. He was fishing with me because he had no boat for the summer season waiting for insurance and the manufacturers to settle liabilities. Last I saw the boat was out on dry land in Canoe Cove's lot and then heard he sold it.
I hope his maintenance detail improved on his next boat

I hope his maintenance detail improved on his next boat
Hard to say on that, but it sounds like a thru-hull corroded which SHOULD'NT happen on a 5 year old boat; maybe the Marina or a near-by boat had electrical leakage issues. As author of a marine electrical book I have said that at a marina in Mexico all the galvanization in his anchor chain disappeared in a couple days.

An eye-opener, running at 40+ on 1600 HP as background noise is a bit distracting.

Cool boat......nowhere near enough fuel capacity at 600 gallons. Amazing craftsmanship and built in my backyard.....still think they look like over-sized water taxis....

Last edited:
Back