Clutesi Chaos

bigdogg1

Arrived at the ramp this morning just after 5 this morning. 3-4 boats ahead of me. Good start. Manages to get unloaded and found a parking spot not too far away. Good omen. Got back to the boat, dropped the motor turned and started. Sounded rougher than normal. Hmmm. Engine stopped. Hmmm. Tried again - all good.

swung out into the current, headed just past the marina entrance. Engine died. Wouldn’t start. No panic. Start the little one and head back to the dock. No sense heading out. Little motor purring along then dies. Hmmm. Heading towards. Rock breakwater. Plan to use boat hook to push off upcoming rocks. Hook gets stuck in holder. Jump into pulpit into rocks before any contact. Remember now to switch tank to little motor. Push off, fire it up and troll back to Clutesi. That’s not even the chaos

land safely at the side dock with help of my 2 mates. Really turned out better than expected. The next hour was a sight to see. Low tide, quick current, long waits and low patience. Not a good combination. Boats banging into tge side of the ramp when backed up too quickly, spouses yelling at each other because it is taking to long, etc.
One solo guy coming in at ramming speed because he had gone out and was now attempting to drain his boat while driving. No plug!
Tried to get boats to shuffle but nowhere to guy. He comes in down the middle of a lane, bumps off a couple of boats and I catch him at the dock before he tries to go 007 up the concrete. Back end is barely above water. He ties up to go home and get a plug. Plans on putting the plug back in while in the water and letting the bilge pump empty the boat . Watch the show, lend a hand to those having troubles making the corner out and talk to a few friends up at the loading zone. Then, some jackass who just launched, tried to exit the wrong way, gets all jack-knifed, corrects and races out of the ramp area missing me and the boat I was standing beside by maybe 2 feet!
Now to figure out engine failure. Think it overheated because the telltale seemed less than usual. Just snapped the head off two lower leg bolts while attempting to change out the impeller Aargh.

Arrived at the ramp this morning just after 5 this morning. 3-4 boats ahead of me. Good start. Manages to get unloaded and found a parking spot not too far away. Good omen. Got back to the boat, dropped the motor turned and started. Sounded rougher than normal. Hmmm. Engine stopped. Hmmm. Tried again - all good.

swung out into the current, headed just past the marina entrance. Engine died. Wouldn’t start. No panic. Start the little one and head back to the dock. No sense heading out. Little motor purring along then dies. Hmmm. Heading towards. Rock breakwater. Plan to use boat hook to push off upcoming rocks. Hook gets stuck in holder. Jump into pulpit into rocks before any contact. Remember now to switch tank to little motor. Push off, fire it up and troll back to Clutesi. That’s not even the chaos

land safely at the side dock with help of my 2 mates. Really turned out better than expected. The next hour was a sight to see. Low tide, quick current, long waits and low patience. Not a good combination. Boats banging into tge side of the ramp when backed up too quickly, spouses yelling at each other because it is taking to long, etc.
One solo guy coming in at ramming speed because he had gone out and was now attempting to drain his boat while driving. No plug!
Tried to get boats to shuffle but nowhere to guy. He comes in down the middle of a lane, bumps off a couple of boats and I catch him at the dock before he tries to go 007 up the concrete. Back end is barely above water. He ties up to go home and get a plug. Plans on putting the plug back in while in the water and letting the bilge pump empty the boat . Watch the show, lend a hand to those having troubles making the corner out and talk to a few friends up at the loading zone. Then, some jackass who just launched, tried to exit the wrong way, gets all jack-knifed, corrects and races out of the ramp area missing me and the boat I was standing beside by maybe 2 feet!
Now to figure out engine failure. Think it overheated because the telltale seemed less than usual. Just snapped the head off two lower leg bolts while attempting to change out the impeller Aargh.
Sounds like there’s a really stiff drink in your near future

Back