Cleaning a Mustang Floatation Suit

TenMile

Hey guys,

What's the recommended and safest method for cleaning the red Mustang flotation suits? Just purchased one that had been in storage for a while and it smells a bit musty.

I bought a used one a couple of years ago that had a few stains on it and also a bit musty. Got it dry cleaned and it
came out almost like new. Cost $25.00 but well worth it.

Mine was quite grubby from years of use. I now have it cleaned every couple of years. The best way I've found to do it is to take to a large commercial laundromat. I tried washing it at home but of course the thing just floats on top of the water. The laundromats have large, oversized front load machines that tumble. They do a great job for about 10 to 15 bucks.

Dave

I bought a used one a couple of years ago that had a few stains on it and also a bit musty. Got it dry cleaned and it
came out almost like new. Cost $25.00 but well worth it.

Do you think dry cleaning get rid of mold and mildew stains? I ef'd up and left them in the cuddy of the boat and now they are covered in mildew stains. DOH!

I found the washing label inside mine. It clearly in big letters states no dry cleaning. We have a big front load washer so I have tried it there.

Came out pretty clean in the front-load washer -- I didn't use wash soap as I read that it can mess up the water repellent capabilities. Label also stated to wash it in water cooler than 40C -- i.e. cold water wash. It's currently hanging to dry.

Back