chroni action

Hey Fins.

Good on you daughter for pick a activity outdoors and on the water. I don't think she and the rest of the younger learning groups are the problem. I have to agree with the other guys on the majority of the rowers don't look or care for the fisherman. I have had the same problem for 10 years and have had oars go right over my head in my tube and then have the guy tell me to watch where the f%$# i'm going!

I witnessed the damage of what one of those 8's boats hitting a tinny can do. There was a large crease down the side of a 12 foot tinny. This older couple who were in the boat at the time it was hit were extremely shaken by the incident. As it was told to me by this couple when I saw them at the Brookleigh boat launch, the group that hit them didn't hang around to make sure they were okay either.

Had more than one close call out there myself and had a few choice words directed my way. And not during a regatta either. On a weekday where there may be 3 or 4 rowing craft on the whole lake and somehow they would manage to want the exact same piece of water I was anchored in. Coincidence? Hmmmm... Bully tactics? Hmmmm.... you decide.

I witnessed the damage of what one of those 8's boats hitting a tinny can do. There was a large crease down the side of a 12 foot tinny. This older couple who were in the boat at the time it was hit were extremely shaken by the incident. As it was told to me by this couple when I saw them at the Brookleigh boat launch, the group that hit them didn't hang around to make sure they were okay either.

Had more than one close call out there myself and had a few choice words directed my way. And not during a regatta either. On a weekday where there may be 3 or 4 rowing craft on the whole lake and somehow they would manage to want the exact same piece of water I was anchored in. Coincidence? Hmmmm... Bully tactics? Hmmmm.... you decide.

I remember several years ago, an old friend of mine and I fished at Elk Lake. A friend casted his crankbait lure many yards farther out but somehow, highspeed row boat with 8 people on it, rowed in front of us, his crankbait got stuck on one of their row paddles, kept rowing. he lost his lure with a snapped line.

Back