Chinook Regs Update

Gunsmith,
Yeah, you're right. And I am not saying that there should be no river fishing. It's just that flossing thing drives me nuts. :(

I hear you it is just a polite name for snagging.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Gunsmith

Rin you must mean flossing and for sockeye, I have not heard of this method for chinook. These fish are usually in deeper water. Just an observation not a critic.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

snagging (flossing) for Fraser has been going on ever since it was discovered for sockeye's. There are bottom bouncing cannon balls in all sizes so no water is too deep or fast for the flossers. Hard part for the plunkers is the fact that lots of the good bar fishing spots get taken over bby the flossers. I also watched it go one on the Skeena for a few years. Guys travel all the way up there to floss chinooks. The other thing about flossing is the river is never "out" becuase water clarity does not matter.

Thanks for the info I am not familiar with this type of snagging. I was concerned the bar fishing was included in this as I do fish the Skeena this way.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Thanks for the info I am not familiar with this type of snagging. I was concerned the bar fishing was included in this as I do fish the Skeena this way.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin

quote:Gee, you don't think a big part of it might be the natives

No not really they been fishing there for 30,000 years. It's only the last 150 there have been problems.

Take only what you need.
yeah but it's only been in the last 20years that fish have become currency. That being said all groups are at fault for overfishing. Yes FA that includes natives that are abusing the resource as well.

Take only what you need.....to eat. :D

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin

quote:Gee, you don't think a big part of it might be the natives

No not really they been fishing there for 30,000 years. It's only the last 150 there have been problems.

Take only what you need.
yeah but it's only been in the last 20years that fish have become currency. That being said all groups are at fault for overfishing. Yes FA that includes natives that are abusing the resource as well.

Take only what you need.....to eat. :D

Back