Chinook limite from two down to one

snowwhite02

Theres a rumor going around that they are going to cut the possion limite from two chinnook a day down to one in area 13 can anyone comfirme thanks snowwhite:(:(

ats57347_258Troll_spray.jpg

Not sure if he is a troll or not. He could be snow white the guide from CR.
I don't see his old id in the member list so he might have a new one snow white2
Perhaps he could clear that up before we give him a can of troll.
GLG

thats a great pic CubaLibre. And yes GLG Iam that CR fishing Guide and was known as snowwhite. Iam just asking because thats what i was hereing through some of the other guides in town. Not ment to seem to be trolling thightlines snowwhite

Snowwhite. I suspect that no one knows at this stage. I am pleased to see more sports fishermen in other areas beginning to wake up and get a sense of what those of us on the South Island (area’s 19 and 20) have been dealing with for the last 3 years. We could use some support. Did you make it down to the recent SFAB meeting with DFO in Victoria to discuss this issue? We had about 400 attend but more would have helped?

Last year we were not allowed to keep any wild (unclipped - I know lots of hatchery Chinook are not clipped) Chinook over about 9lbs until June 16th. Between June 16 and July 15th we were allowed to keep one wild Chinook. Now there is talk of the possibility of further restrictions. This relates to concerns with the spring and early summer runs of Fraser Chinook most of which are taken in the Fraser River Net Fishery.

As I understand it, (not 100% sure) some of these Chinook do come down the inside. Welcome to the party.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK-- not a troll, but have you spoken to Jeremy Maynard about this??? And if so....what does he have to say? I hate rumours flying around-- substance please

Some party, more like a wake and DFO is the undertaker handing out business cards.

I don't want further restrictions on Chinook, but as a sports fisherman i would be happier
with one a day, than none a day !:eek:

Admitting you would be happy with one a day is very honourable now my question is will the Commercial and FN and BIG Land Owners destoying the Fraser River Basin do the Same?

Admitting you would be happy with one a day is very honourable now my question is will the Commercial and FN and BIG Land Owners destoying the Fraser River Basin do the Same?

I don't think anyone is admitting they would be happy with one a day. I think it's more along the lines of one a day is better than none a day.

We as sports fisherman seem to be the ones who deal with the biggest cuts.
I see your point Duffer and agree that all sectors should make concessions.
It seems DFO can deal with us far easier than the remaining participants by increasing restrictions.
Sadly , once again it boils down to a lack of voice in comparison to others.

If one a day will keep the DFO at bay,I'm all for it..that said I hope the rest of the parties follow suit,wishfull thinking..

I'll be selling my boat and calling it quits, too expensive for licenses and fuel for a single salmon. I guess there will be all the catch and release guys killing fish, time to hang it up.

Back