CHEK Point Poll: Should seals and sea lions be culled to reduce competition for food for orcas?

Looks like the “No” vote is holding a healthy 57% to 43% lead. Unfortunately, like most polls, the question asked is likely biasing the answers. “Do you think culling seals/sea lions will help orcas?” Is the wrong question because the reality is 99+% of the general public, including us rec anglers, have no clue if it would make a difference or not. A much better question would be - “If evidence-based science showed culling seals/sea lions would help the orcas by protecting their food source, would you support such a cull?” I guarantee you such a question would get a much different poll result.

Cheers!

Ukee

If they do something soon with them we will be sitting watching them catch salmon it is time the government got off there butt and do something they could had did lots of creek and river work this summer with the very low water for a very long time,it is just like wolfs and the deer when I started hunting never seen a wolf now I see more wolfs than bigger bucks

Polling is so dependent on how the question is asked, what is the goal of the poll, when is the question asked, and who is asked. Without diving into those variables a person would be wise to look at any poll with a healthy dose of skepticism.

We are ahead at 46% educated votes ,those 54% are "sofakingwetaughtit".Remember there is no animal problems there are people problems.To identify a problem without a solution to be put in play ,you become the problem aswell.So make more wild fish.

Back