charter out of Horseshoe Bay

sly_karma

Crew Member
Aussie friend of mine looking for fishing charter next week, 17th/18th. Spending time with wife's family on the lower mainland, he mentioned looking for something out of Horseshoe Bay but I would think he could be flexible but no ferry trips. I'm looking for referrals and advice on his behalf. What's around at present? Too late for Fraser sockeye or no?

Also if he wants to go out of Vancouver proper, there is Pacific Angler and Bon Chovy; both great operations.

All the above are excellent and all will go where the fishing is best, most likely the capilano

ditto on dave koersh,, predator charters.

Thanks all, I'll pass those on. Always appreciate the accumulated knowledge on this forum. Me, I'm off to the Canyon this weekend hunting the wily sturgeon, maybe a sockeye or two as by catch.

David (ie predator). Also try Sewells marina and ask for Chris. he is a serious fisherman and those are the two boats i look for when i go out...and been with them both years ago with clients. Either of those two would be my personal top two at going on a charter with out of horseshoe bay. Also, David might put down the prawn and crab traps if you ask but it will cut into the fishing time. Chris doesn't usually get into that, he is a salmon assassin. well, they both are. lol. good luck.

Thanks all, I'll pass those on. Always appreciate the accumulated knowledge on this forum. Me, I'm off to the Canyon this weekend hunting the wily sturgeon, maybe a sockeye or two as by catch.
turning down fishing with possibly two of the best howe sound /vancouver saltwater guides
shame on you just learning from either would be worth the charter cost alone
IMHO.

Sturgeon trip already booked. Howe sound charter is for a friend from out of town.

Read that previous post again, sorry if it sounded flippant or disrespectful to the Howe Sound guides. Tight lines to all.

Back