Chamber sealers

Sculpin

I thought it would be interesting to see who has or uses chamber sealers for their storage of various foods including soups and stews (because you can).

I'm done with food saver or other brands of external bagging machines due to breakdowns and bad seals due to liquid. I am about to purchase my first chamber vacuum machine.

I found this video online that is quite good.

http://kodiakhealth.com/catalog/index.php/module/statics/action/view_listing/page/45

I am still shopping around but probably will go with these folks or Quality Matters. Both out of the States. They seem to have the best prices on the Ary Vac master 215c model.

Anyone have a chamber sealer? What to look out for? etc.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Because, :)

The bags are way cheaper.
The size of most of the affordable chamber sealers is small though. You will never fit a fillet into one.
The bags still pop when stacked in the freezer. Bones still work thier way thru.

I might know where to get a great deal on a pallet of bags.

my friend whom i fish with alot purchased a Minipack Torre from a place out east it ran flawless for the first year and then had some problems with it this year with the heat/strip bar you can get thicker gauge bags which is good for bones- its very fast - also a friend who farms/sells pork/lamb uses the same one and hasent had any problems-- but i would get one from somewhere they service them close by like vancouver some outfits even have guys that travel around to do regular service on them - on the island too --- he did get it serviced by a place on the mainland Westcoast foodpak i think and works great now- ill just add that we fish alot and put alot of miles on packers and think if you dont mind the expense they are excellent machines

i have had 4 of the costco units over the years all are crap, fish is terrible after 3 months, finally broke down and bought a mini pac model MVS 20
Chamber machine, it made in Italy, weighs 45 # all S/S chamber 8.6x 12 w x 4 deep . the seal , the warrantee is void if you use for over 5 hrs per day, so this is a commercial unit. Bags are cheap, only down side its cost 1300.00 got it from Emerald Food supply in Seattle, last one i will ever buy. Cycle time is 30 seconds.

Can you put a whole fish or a fillet in any low end chamber sealer? NO YOU CAN'T So saying that.... Do I have 4-5Grand to buy one that will? NO

Can you put a whole fish or a fillet in any low end chamber sealer? NO YOU CAN'T So saying that.... Do I have 4-5Grand to buy one that will? NO

I rarely ever do whole fillet's so it's a non issue for me but thanks for the input FA. Oh yeah what size and thickness are those bag's on that pallet?

my friend whom i fish with alot purchased a Minipack Torre from a place out east it ran flawless for the first year and then had some problems with it this year with the heat/strip bar you can get thicker gauge bags which is good for bones- its very fast - also a friend who farms/sells pork/lamb uses the same one and hasent had any problems-- but i would get one from somewhere they service them close by like vancouver some outfits even have guys that travel around to do regular service on them - on the island too --- he did get it serviced by a place on the mainland Westcoast foodpak i think and works great now- ill just add that we fish alot and put alot of miles on packers and think if you dont mind the expense they are excellent machines

Thanks for the input. I'm looking at the Ary 215c which has a great warranty and the pump shouldn't have to be service for 5 years if run properly. We like to process all of our fish, seafood, and game. The cost is nothing really especially working it out with a few buddies.

i have had 4 of the costco units over the years all are crap, fish is terrible after 3 months, finally broke down and bought a mini pac model MVS 20
Chamber machine, it made in Italy, weighs 45 # all S/S chamber 8.6x 12 w x 4 deep . the seal , the warrantee is void if you use for over 5 hrs per day, so this is a commercial unit. Bags are cheap, only down side its cost 1300.00 got it from Emerald Food supply in Seattle, last one i will ever buy. Cycle time is 30 seconds.

Thanks for the positive input. Most of my packs are that size and smaller. Have you tried soups or stew's in that unit?

HOLY CRAP f4a!!
got some bodies your trying to grt rid of?
nice machine

That's a nice unit fish4all.

Those machines are heavy even the 215c which I'm looking at is a beast for a countertop model. Having the stand up model with castors makes sense. Plus with the dual sealing bars you can get into using retort bags for "canning"!! Cool purchase for sure. Congrat's. Let us know how you like it.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Hate to brag but this machine is unreal. $2200 from Seattle. Only slight drawback is there is only 20" between the bars. Just big enough for a sockeye side. That being said I can seal 4 bags at once and it is fast. Bags are cheap. You can also add your marinade before sealing. Nice to take a side out throw it in the sink and have it marinate while I work.

Now that is what I call a vac-sealer. Enough horse power there to calm even the tool man taylor!

Wow, that is one amazing looking vacuum sealer Sculpin! Should keep your catch fresh for a very long time.

Wow, that is one amazing looking vacuum sealer Sculpin! Should keep your catch fresh for a very long time.

I sure hope so. I was just sick and tired of the suction type sealers and wrecked seals. I can bag chowders and soup as well! It can handle up to 5 mil bags as well which is nice. These units are so popular with commercial applications that the bags are dirt cheap too. That is one of the reasons I went for it.

I finally got my hands on the beast. Wholy moly it is a heavy and serious piece of kit!!!

This thing is totally bombproof and should last the rest of my life. I like that.

I tried it out at my buddies place as it came with some bags and he just happened to be slicing up a ham for sandwich's lol. It works great. We tried all sorts of stuff like cracking open a can of soup and bagging it, crushing beer cans for kicks, and packaging sliced ham.

I'm more than impressed with the level of performace these units put out. The soup was pretty cool as we thought "no way this is just going to make a big mess" lol. It worked like a charm and the double seal is awesome with absolutely zero liquid getting into the seal. It crushes cans like nothing.

I just have to buy some 4 mil bags now and get out on the water and catch some fish!

Cheers,
Sculpin

Back