Caycuse river

Silverghost

Does anyone know any access spots for the caycuse river? Beauty river would like to explore it a bit more. Thanks in advance.

First... Find this switch...

2010_Tacoma_4WD_switch.jpg

Second... Go do some exploring and let us know how you make out... with pics of course..

There's a bridge over the river neat Nitinat lake. No one I know shares their access and pools to this river, so you'll be on your own. Back in the 60's, this river was known for it's summer steelheading, but access is no longer easy.

Fly fishing only above Haddon Crk. This one pretty much got wiped out by horrible logging practices in the 80's. Like most west coast streams, you'll have to put your time and sweat in like everyone else did, to figure out the right place and time.

Last edited by a moderator:
One way to find out.....Go explore....If you want mapped out access spots stick to systems like the Stamp and Cowichan... I know from experience this river entails some fierce hiking and bushwacking.... Good luck

Thanks for the help so far, gotta say lip ripper from the pic you might use that button to get out of the driveway. I realize it's fly fishing only, but does anyone know if you can accesses from the caycuse main, or if you can get in from the north Cowichan side? Is there a falls on the river? Thanks

Back