Catch of the Day

try trolling a willow leaf with a dew worm 12-18 inches behind it, haven't fished there in years but that's what always worked for me, better bring raingear :p

All remember on that lake is there area couple of dead trees on right where there is a creek ( unless it has been developed now). Would be right hand side if you are looking from launch... I always found fish there....That was some time ago but I believe it was same time a year..... better in spring...

try trolling a willow leaf with a dew worm 12-18 inches behind it, haven't fished there in years but that's what always worked for me, better bring raingear :p

alright ya ill probs try a wedding band and a gang troll then if that doesnt work my friend told me to anchor up and fish roe, or troll a fly around on sinking line. also ya ill bring rain gear for sure aha , its suppost to be rain and sun tommorow:)

Weather seems to be turning around here. I was thinking about throwing the float tube in Langford Lake tomorrow. Has anyone seen any sign of life or is it still slow? Thanks!

Catching lake trout on 30 to 36 inches of ice. It will be a while before any trolling happens.
Rainbow are finicky, you can see them down the hole but they don't bite. Access to the lakes are getting soft and you sink down to your crotch in snow if you don't wear snowshoes. Nice living in a spot that has 20 fishable lakes within a 20 minute drive.
Best so far this year is a 17 lake trout

a 2 pound eastern brook trout

and about a 4 pound rainbow trout.(no pic)
So many lakes so little time.

Was out on Langford last week. Very slow. Nothing rising. No signs of Chironomids. Only one taking in 15 feet of water. Another guy fishing gear said he didn't even have a bite. Long weekend coming looking for revenge.

Was out on Langford last week. Very slow. Nothing rising. No signs of Chironomids. Only one taking in 15 feet of water. Another guy fishing gear said he didn't even have a bite. Long weekend coming looking for revenge.

Its been pretty tough at most of the lakes lately, I was at elk on the weekend in the derby, and nothing. Wait for the hatches to start, then the fishing will heat up. Did you try bloodworms in deep water?

tight lines

Kunni

Its been pretty tough at most of the lakes lately, I was at elk on the weekend in the derby, and nothing. Wait for the hatches to start, then the fishing will heat up. Did you try bloodworms in deep water?

tight lines

Kunni

My buddy and I fished for a couple hours...zero!!! but only one strike and then that s it. But I discovered that the bloodworm has sucked onto my powerbait. It indicates that bloodworms are out there.

Big Hatch on Sunday, trolled two little stockers up. Going to try chironomids on Sunday.

At langford? I was considering it for next weekend, might go to prospect though.

Kunni

Prospect 24-30 ft of water got into 15 fish lots of cuts and a few bows biggest over 3 pounds! All on #14 brown olive butt chronies with copper wire wrap.

Cheers boys and good luck!

Oh yeah and fished langford for 7 hours without a bite, saw 11 other anglers on the lake and only one fellow had 2 fish on. Everyone else not even a bite.

-KK

Prospect 24-30 ft of water got into 15 fish lots of cuts and a few bows biggest over 3 pounds! All on #14 brown olive butt chronies with copper wire wrap.

few years back, I always fished at Prospect....lots of fish on small side, bought lots of action, odd big fish in mix.

\

Guess I might have to make a trip to prospect. Thanks for the info

kunni

Only thing not in the fly box was a Blood Worm pattern. That's all I could think of when I was out there. Stocked up now and ready to go.

No fly box is set without a dozen or so good bloodworm patterns. They work great on windy days when you cant keep the gear still enough for chronies!

Good luck out there! Things are turning on now. Reports on here will help us all have better luck out there!

-KK

Only thing not in the fly box was a Blood Worm pattern. That's all I could think of when I was out there. Stocked up now and ready to go.

\

Guess I might have to make a trip to prospect. Thanks for the info

kunni

Prospect is real good this time of year, fish inside the markers from the launch over to the other side. A little leech, is pretty much non stop action...

Here are some pictures from our interior trip last June. All fish were caught on chironomids in 26 feet of water, a foot off bottom on a floating line. I've booked my week there again. Can't wait, if you've never tried, I recommend the trip. There is no comparison with the fishing there compared to here. Huge hatches of all insects with trout gorging on what is available. No coarse fish i.e: Bass, sunfish, carp, perch, catfish, that compete with trout for food sources. Eurasian water mill foil isn't choking the shoreline, this enables you to fish shallow and close to shore. Not to mention the chances are much higher of hooking a trophy. Enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC_9699.jpg
    DSC_9699.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC_9737.jpg
    DSC_9737.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_9743.jpg
    DSC_9743.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 259
Back