Castlegar Accomodations

A couple friends and I are planning on heading to Castlegar to fish Walleye, and can't find better than marginal accommodations in Castlegar.

Does anyone know someone with a cabin to rent? I've tried VRBO.com, and the googleizer, but came up pretty much empty handed. Plenty of cabins in Nelson, nothing in Castlegar other than the RV park. Thought I would try here and see if we can support someone local in Castlegar.

Not into staying at the motels... would rather camp in the rain!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I've settled in on Pass Creek Campground. Will post a trip report in the freshwater section upon my return.

Returned from Castlegar last night, and thought I would update this thread for anyone heading to the area and looking for camping accommodations.

We stayed at Passcreek Campground, http://passcreekcampground.weebly.com/, a simple spot with a great manager, Debbie.

Passcreek Campground is located in Robson, on the north side of Castlegar, across the Columbia river. Conveniently located 2 minutes from the several boat launches in Robson on the Columbia river, Passcreek Campground is a great place to stay for anglers fishing in the area. $17 a night, wifi, and shower facilities. Debbie was fantastic, very friendly and courteous during our stay. Easy to maneuver trailers and fifth wheels in and out of the spacious sites. Plenty of mature trees and trails surround the property.

Check out the website for more details on the campground. We were very happy with our stay, and will stay there again on our next trip out there.

Back