Canada (MaPP)....Looks like another crazy initative....

I was at the Port Hardy meeting last night, friggin joke is all it was. This group is privately funded by a foundation in Santa Barbra CA and is subsidized by the Provincal government with employee's to work with the native bands to decide what areas they should re-zone and put limitations on.

Absolutely no consultation with anyone from the North Island, not one user group from the area was involved in these zoning areas. The closest were from Comox and Campbell River, these are not the North Island as far as I'm concerned.

This group needs to be watched and watched carefully, what is happening now could very well turn into massive restrictions in areas along our coast.

Have a look at the map provided and the massive areas they are looking to put some type of restrictions on, it's nuts.

more restrictions, regulations, government red tape, pander
ing to special interests, creation of who knows how many government jobs, putting a huge amount of power to make decisions into a few peoples hands, and taking away the average citizens right to free access, sounds like it's right up the governments alley. looks like they've hit a home run. they sure love to stir the pot..... sure looks like they want to push aquaculture... it's all about money and power for the government in the end. and doing the least amount of real work to gain the most of those two items.... i'm pretty sure with all the existing government agencies out there that all the things they do or want to do are more than likely already covered... but what's one more government agency? have to wonder what this is going to cost the taxpayer in the end? and cost us in terms of free access to resources that should be shared equally by all citizens and not just one special interest group over another?

you don't know what you got till it's gone,

Yup this is very bad. Amazing what the province will do to get oil and gas passed by the Indians.

I wouldn't wipe my butt with these maps. No economic study no nothing just a wish list of closed areas to non-natives. How much of this crap do we have to take. Scary part is it's rumoured to have harpers attention as a gateway bargaining chip.

Back