Can I see your PropHalo install??

Where are you guys purchasing these? The Google search hasn’t turned anything up for me other than some random listing on “Canadian listed”

I have fished for over 60 years in a variety of boats big and small. Never had a prop guard and have never had as issue with fishing line or downrigger line fouling in my prop.
Is there another reason that I am unaware of that makes you feel you need a prop guard?
Yup cause **** happens. My prop guard has saved me many a nasty downrigger, fishing line and kelp tangle. Not to mention that my prop guard is more of a shroud design so it helps a little with improving prop thrust. So lots of reason for a prop guard I say!

Sorry to offend you!
My point is, based on my experience, do you really need a Prop Guard.
Just trying to help those who are considering if they do or do not need a prop guard.
I don't think anyone is offended. all good.

I appreciate this thread, because I also bought a prop guard and am VERY reluctant to drill holes till I am positive I have it sorted out.

I've lost 2 cannonballs, and associated rigging in the last season (and first season for this boat). Never had a prop guard before, but also never had a kicker off to the side, and a boat where I was willing to take windy days with significant wave action. 10hp kicker on the port side of the extended transom. My port downrigger line gets dangerously close to the prop. Once the prop cut the line when I got distracted fishing alone and trying to deal with too many things at once with a fish on. My lesson learned there was I can only handle one line when alone. Second time I cut the the line on a day with rough water. Boat moving up and down fast, prop crossed the downrigger line and cut it. When alone in less than ideal water, I think its hard to keep the rigger line away from the kicker.

In both cases the prop didn't get tangled, so I'm thankful. Yeah...I want a guard.

Maybe I could avoid the need with more experience and care...but why not just put the guard and have a little insurance?

I have fished for over 60 years in a variety of boats big and small. Never had a prop guard and have never had as issue with fishing line or downrigger line fouling in my prop.
Is there another reason that I am unaware of that makes you feel you need a prop guard?
Same here lol

Same here, it is impossible for my cables to get in the prop, fishing line it could happen fighting a fish I guess, personally would never spend the money on a ring

Back